General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Music for Fred's Funeral ( A bit urgent)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 May 2014 22:14

I have found a piece of music I want to play when we take Fred's coffin in.

He was a cesspit emptier and we want to take him in to 'Whence is That Goodly Fragrance Flowing' sung by Sessel.

It is on You Tube but I can't get hold of it from anywhere apart from some copies in America on Amazon.

I know it is a very long shot but I don't suppose anybody on here has a copy.

GinN

GinN Report 5 May 2014 22:26

Oh, Sharron! - I'm sorry I can't help, but you have made me chuckle, bless you! :-D :-D :-D ;-) <3

Joeva

Joeva Report 5 May 2014 22:41

Is this what you are looking for Sharron :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4P3dzZ38RE

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 May 2014 22:43

Yes but I need to be able to play it at the crematorium.

It is beautiful isn't it?

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 5 May 2014 22:48

Sorry I can not help but I just googled it as I had not heard it before and it is lovely.

Joeva

Joeva Report 5 May 2014 22:48

I think you can download it on Amazon - if this is any help to you.

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 5 May 2014 23:37

i dont know any think about music but have you tryed iTunes

lollybasher

lollybasher Report 5 May 2014 23:43

Sharron, ask the undertakers to get it for you. When my husband died a year ago they only played recorded music at the crem...
The undertakers can arrange to download them for you.

Good luck !! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 May 2014 05:28

When I just listened on that youtube link, it shows where you can buy it and it's 99p to download Sharron.

It's a bit spooky, you mentioning this particular carol, as it was mentioned in a Susan Sallis book I am reading at the mo, played at a Christmas service. It's very gentle. I had never heard of it before, so it was interesting to listen to it after seeing it mentioned in the book.

Lizx

edited, not a Susan Sallis, it's Harriet Evans

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 6 May 2014 08:47

If you want a copy of it I can send or email it to you

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 6 May 2014 08:54

http://www.oguiadacidade.com.br/video/video-fmt18/Oqm-hf1LDV4/.html

can you record this one by putting a blank cd rom in your pc/....but l'm sure Errol will be able to help out:)

Good luck

jude

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 May 2014 08:56

I would be very grateful if you could please. I am happy to pay.

Probably better to send it to the undertakers direct because it will be one less thing for me to forget.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 6 May 2014 09:02

I won't be able to do it until early this afternoon - do you have an email address I can send it to (better to put that in a PM rather than on a thread) or would you rather I put it on cloud storage that can be accessed?

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 6 May 2014 10:19

Hope it all works out well for you Sharron.There are a lot of very kind people on here willing to help where they can. Have listened to the song on YT, it is lovely.What a beautiful voice! X

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 6 May 2014 10:34

I hope you manage to have this played Sharron. I hadn't heard it before, it's beautiful.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 6 May 2014 15:14

I have sent an MP3 copy to the email address you PM'd.

Let me know if you need it in any other formats.

Will also see what I can do about burning it and sending it to the funeral directors.