General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MORNING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 9 May 2014 07:35

ARE YOU A RECYCLED TEENAGER.OR
A CRABBY OLD BAT TODAY

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 May 2014 07:42

My head tells me I am a recycled teenager, Gwen, but my body says something else lol

Hope you have a good day today

love
Lizxx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 9 May 2014 07:48

HI LIZ
WISH I HAD THE ENERGY TO REACH THE
CRABBY OLD BAT LEVEL

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 May 2014 08:06

I was a crabby teenager and later was the one who did the sorting out of crabby shop jobs worth assistants etc when we had a complaint about goods / services etc

Have morphed into a mellow old age .am more now "whatever" rather than go in guns blazing

Still got some fire though if its genuinely needed

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 May 2014 08:11

Oh I was the opposite Shirley, I was so shy and timid at school and when I first went out to work. One of my old teachers said to me at a School Reunion I organised, when I said how timid I was, No you weren't timid, just unobtrusive!

Well I soon learned in the big wide world it doesn't do to be unobtrusive, shy, timid or whatever and now I am able to stand up for myself and take the lead in social occasions if I want. And I can do Crabby with the best of them lol

Gwen, I know what you mean love, have so many ideas buzzing round in my head but can't find the energy to put them in practice.

Lizxx

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 9 May 2014 09:33

Most definately a recycled teenager :-D :-D.Brain of a kid and body of an old woman ;-).

Good morning to you Dizzy.

Dermot

Dermot Report 9 May 2014 10:19

Some of us with snow-white temples rely on hipflasks to get us through as the easterly wind blows. It's our version of youngsters' binge drinking!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 May 2014 10:26

hmmmmm

Just when I thought I had my head together.... my body started falling apart!

Some days I'm cranky with myself!

I was a quiet child (not timid, but I knew to keep quiet) ...... in a house where children were seen as little as possible, and definitely not heard.

Now I'm yacking to everybody and their dogs....... making up for lost time.

:-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 May 2014 05:03

Me too Scozz, can you imagine us together, no one would get a word in!

Lizx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 May 2014 08:22

WELL THIS MORNING I WAS A RECYCLED TEENAGER BUT THEN I HAD
TO GET UP FROM MY CHAIR AND THE CRABBY OLD BAT STARTED TO EMERGE
THEN I LOOKED OUT OF THE WINDOW,,,
IT'S RAINING !!!!!!!

I'M NOW THE CRABBY OLD BAG,,,

I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TALK TALK BUT ONLY OH HERE
AND HE'S DOING THE BOY VERSION OF A RECYCLED TEENAGER
BUT HIS VERSION IS HARRY ENFIELDS KEVIN,SO I CANT WIN CAN I,XX

badger

badger Report 10 May 2014 08:29

Another crabby old bat ,for the same reasons,wanted to go into my garden this morning to do some potting on,rain stopped play grrrrrr .Fred. :-(

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 May 2014 08:42

SAME HERE FRED I HAD A COUPLE OF VOLUNTEERS LINED UP
(WELL CONNED INTO IT ) TO HELP MOVE TWO BELFAST SINKS FROM BACK TO FRONT GARDEN BUT OF COURSE IT CANT BE DONE IN THE RAIN,
WHY NOT !!
I WONT GET WET !!
I WILL STAND BY THE BACK DOOR DISHING OUT ORDERS !!
AND I MADE IT EASY FOR THEM ,
I BORROWED A SACK BARROW TO MOVE THEM ON
AND SAID THE PLANTS IN IT CAN BE DUG OUT ALONG WITH
THE EARTH TO MAKE IT LIGHTER NOT MUCH BUT STILL LIGHTER,

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 May 2014 10:39

I was, like Liz unobtrusive as a child when at school and in public, but as the youngest sibling (2 brothers and a sister, 7, 6 &4 years older) I learnt how to stick up for myself. I also never thought of myself as a 'people' person, as I love being alone. However, I now know I definitely am a 'people' person.
Although, I was unobtrusive, I was lethal! If necessary, I quietly went to the top.
Whilst doing voluntary work at school a nurse was bullying a child - I said nothing to him, but he got sacked.
Whilst at work, anyone who seriously upset me could find their filing system mysteriously altered, and when I found out a foreman was making his workers break the law, he got a nasty shock :-D

Now, I tend to give 'offenders' a warning, and let them know if I think they're 'out of order', so I suppose I have become a crabby old bat - but they don't know the alternative :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 May 2014 10:59

BEING AN ONLY CHILD I NEVER HAD ANYONE TO ARGUE WITH.
SO WAS ALWAYS SAYING SORRY,STILL DO TO AN EXTENT,BUT
AS I GET OLDER I NOW LET MY OPINION GET TOLD.
BUT I WISH I HAD A QUICK REPLY TO SARCASTIC REMARKS,
ONE THING REALLY GETS ME IS BEING LET DOWN WHEN PROMISED I
CAN GET LIKE A REAL SULKY TEENAGER,

AND SULK REAL LOUD

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 11 May 2014 09:18

THOUGHT TODAY I'D BE A RECYCLED TEENAGER
BUT THE CHAIN BROKE ON MY BIKE

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 May 2014 11:49

Dizzi :-D :-D

I found out at 16 that the best retort to sarcastic, or unwanted comments is 'I beg your pardon?', said with a certain 'aloofness'. If people have been sarcastic or 'out of order' , they don't really want to repeat what they've said, and you've deflated them.

How did I find out? When I was 16, a friend and I were decorating a house my parent's had bought. In the kitchen was a boarded up fire, which we unblocked, and found a bottle of parsnip wine :-D

After downing said bottle (which was very nice), it was about mid day, and we decided to go out - still in our old, paint spattered clothes. Being in the state we were in, (tipsy, but happy) we went to a pub where everyone over dressed. I asked for 2 pints of beer. As I was walking to our table, the barman muttered something, I just turned my head and said 'I beg your pardon?' He apologised profusely. As I put the pints down on our table, I realised he'd asked me if I was 18! :-S :-D :-D :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 11 May 2014 12:23

Crabby old bat most days:((

Joeva

Joeva Report 11 May 2014 12:37

With my birthday being in July I consider myself to be a batty old crab ! :-D :-D :-D