General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

53 years ago today....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 9 May 2014 20:12

....this fresh faced 15 year old left grammar school and headed to Devon and nine years in the army. Where has all the time gone? Bob

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 May 2014 20:15

Bet it was the best 9 yrs of your life eh Bob ;-)

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 9 May 2014 23:51

Dear Bob

Hello

You were a tiddler!

I should imagine you could tell us all a lot about army life.

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 11 May 2014 15:48

The best bit is, I am still in contact with a lot of the "Denbury Boys" who were there at the same time. We have several re-unions, and three websites. Sadly, Denbury Camp, formerly Rawlinson Barracks has been pulled down, and Channings Wood prison built on it's site. Bob

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 11 May 2014 19:39

LOL

Berussia Dortmund stadium is on the site where in 1960,(previously, a Luftwaffe Airfield)

"I did my bit!!"

and a housing estate is on the site of the 3tr barracks in Lincoln!(1959)