General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Our Grandson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2014 21:26

James was born 1980 in Wiltshire.

He is our only grandson and born Trowbridge cos was SIL was in the forces and stationed there

I went down to help daughter when she came out of hospital for two weeks

Very tinged with sadness cos my mum.who knew her grt grandson had been born, collapsed and died 25th May at our brothers home

Jamie is very much loved and is now a 4 times dad himself. He does know tho how much his grt gran would have loved to meet him as he did know his mums paternal grandparents side

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 14 May 2014 21:31

It is hard to think of them missing out on a loving relationship with the loved ones we have lost.

<3

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 14 May 2014 22:34

shirley it was the same with me
my dad was dieing and he new i was having another baby
all he keep saying was will i get to see the baby when its born

we had to tell him yes even thought we new he wouldn't
dad died in November and baby was born in march
that was 20 years ago now

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 14 May 2014 22:49

Similar with me...my oldest grandson was born a 30wk 2lb baby in feb 1980 .my dad had accident with his car and died while I was talking to him when Daniel was 5 days old,so only saw the photo of the baby in incubator.
He isn't married but is a very good chef.

I have 5 grandsons,,one of them in Oz.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 May 2014 23:00

My brother in Law died, after a year of suffering, in May 2007, of mesothelioma (asbestosis).
HIs grand daughter (who he never thought he'd live to see) was born in April 2007. She's called Bella, as all BiL could say when he held her was 'She's beautiful'.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 17 May 2014 00:25

Dear Ladies

Hello

Sending you lots of <3 <3

Take gentle care of yourselves
My sincere wishes to all of you
Love from
Elizabeth,
xx