General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parish Lunch

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 May 2014 11:36

I am going to the parish lunch in a minute.

It will be a very poignant experience I think.

We cooked the last one but I didn't get to go.

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 15 May 2014 13:31

Hope you are able to cope during this "poignant" afternoon,without getting too upset or crying.Not long after my aunty died I was in a supermarket, saw the things she liked to eat, was already getting very upset, then an elderly lady asked how aunty was, as she hadn't seen her quite some time.I burst into tears.....all sorts of things still bring a lump to my throat....her favorite perfume being only one of them.
X

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 May 2014 20:09

Sharron,

I hope the lunch went well for you.

The advantage of living in a village is that everyone would know of recent events, so hopefully there would not be awkward moments, but one can't help thinking back to 'the last time', when we have lost someone close.

Gwyn

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 May 2014 21:08

Very strange having no wheelchair at the end of the table but several people wanted to talk about the funeral.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 May 2014 21:09

must have been strange Sharron - and of course everyone will want to talk about Fred <3 <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 May 2014 21:22

I don't know if I told that I had cooked the lunch for last month and was due to go down there with OH where he cooked the rice and was serving it while I was at home with Fred who died while we waited for the doctor to come.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 May 2014 21:43

No wonder it brought back so many memories.

You were in the place where you needed to be last month, ...for Fred and for you.

I can understand why people wanted to talk about the funeral, so different and special that it is bound to be the talk of the village for some time.

Gwyn

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 May 2014 21:49

Not much else to talk about in this village.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 May 2014 07:01

Let's hope you can stay in the village Sharron, among people you know and who remember Fred so you can continue to be able to attend and help out at the Parish Lunch, a good way to keep in touch with folk.

Today is the 19th anniversary of my Mum's death, doesn't seem that long ago. Your loss is very new and lots of things will strike a chord with you but you have so many memories to help you on the way.

Lizxx