General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2 BC?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 18 May 2014 08:58

On doing a bit of digging for a friend, I've discovered she has 2 birth certs (one long, one short) 7 years apart?
The correct, dates, district, mothers name but different father with now a new surname?
1, is this legal after all it would mean she could apply for 2 passports.
2, how could this happen?
Any of you seekers every come across similar please?
Colin

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 May 2014 09:02

you have already posted this and got replies

on genealogy chat

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1340546

you haven't responded to that thread

patchem

patchem Report 18 May 2014 09:06

Perhaps Colin does not know how to get back, or expects email notification of replies and so believes no-one has replied?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 19 May 2014 09:16

***************Colin's reply from the other thread............****************

Thanks one and all and sorry for the duplication, I was indeed ignorant as to how to retrieve replies.
The years in question are 1963 (long) and 1970 (short). I've since been informed that my colleagues wife was the result of her mother having a fling with a married man with his own family in the next village. Her birth name was kept from her, using her mothers maiden name, and she was simply given a new name and birth cert 7 years later when put up for adoption.
Colin