General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SUNNY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 18 May 2014 17:13

WELL SEEING THE AMOUNT OF POSTINGS A LOT OF YOU WENT
OUT THIS AFTERNOON,
BUT IF YOUR LIKE ME SAT BY THE BACK DOOR ON A CHAIR
AND THE ONLY DAYS I GET OUT ITS EITHER CLOUDY OR RAINING.
I HAVE AN OH WHO WONT GO OUT WHEN OTHER PEOPLE ARE
ON THE ROADS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
BUT !!!!!
GUESS WHERE HE IS,,,GONE OUT TO PUB TO MEET HIS MATES
FIFTY MILES AWAY,,,,,
MEN !

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 May 2014 17:16

glorious weather - been in the garden most of the day :-D

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 18 May 2014 19:47

Oh Dizzi, I do feel for you. Just sit by your back door and enjoy the peace. ( and give him hell when he gets back lol ) ;-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 18 May 2014 21:17

I say would anyone like to share the sun and send a little up to my little corner of the uk. Next week the uk will be sizzling at 20+ degrees but we sadly have rain all week and 10 degrees at best!

Florence
under a cloud :-(

Dizzi , when ur other half gets back, have a nice ice cold bottle of water to pour all over him, that should cool him down :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 19 May 2014 01:00

sizzling at 20+C ??????????

errrrrr......... it's 20C here, and I'm COLD!!

Don't laugh....... it's almost winter here......... in the sub-tropics.

Last night the temp dropped to 14C..... I've got two blankets on the bed, temped to switch on the electric blanket,

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 May 2014 05:57

But here the forecasters are telling us it will be 20 or 21 degrees and celebrating hot weather Scozz, have to admit it's been nice and the sun coming up this morning was a huge orange glowing ball that hurt your eyes to look at, even tho it was low. Great to put washing out and know it will get dry.

Maybe you need some nice fleecy jimjams and some bedsocks!

Gwen, I can imagine how annoyed and frustrated you feel, hope your old man will not expect a cooked dinner on his return, but will he get you anything nice?

I would be spitting feathers if it was me stuck at home and o.h. gallivanting, mind you I like it when he goes out cos it leaves me in peace lol

Lizxx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 19 May 2014 06:19

We've lived here just over 7 years. The first few years we thought the winters were wonderful! Now we're acclimatised & feel the cold :-(

I keep reminding myself of the cold places we've lived....... I remember well the first day of sunshine after a cold dark winter in Finland...... I was so hot... and it was 18C!! If we'd come home to Oz I would have melted.

btw.... it's raining here, I've had to use the tumble dryer :-(

Dizzi ~ I hope your OH brings something nice home for you..... flowers perhaps, not him with the makings of a hangover.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 19 May 2014 09:07

we had a fantastic time sitting in the sun over the week end
and today I am back home and are going to do my garden

in the nice Boro sun shine :-D :-D

Graham

Graham Report 19 May 2014 09:26

I was in Cornwall yesterday. It was lovely and sunny. Loads of people lazing around. But muggings here had to work :-(