General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lunchtime musings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 May 2014 03:12

While I was eating my lunch yesterday I was just wondering if I could get away with murdering OH.

If I did there would be sure to be some bread left over after that funeral too and I might be able to turn it into bread pudding as good as the bit I was enjoying.

Just thinking, that's all, honest!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 May 2014 03:40

:-D :-D

and you're up very late!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 May 2014 04:06

I developed some very strange sleep patterns over seven years.

A couple of hours sleep in the evening, lie awake listening and dozing all night and another couple of hours when the carers turned up.

Everybody used to talk about me getting up at lunch time and assume I was lazy.(Not incorrectly!)

It is quite hard to break the habit.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 May 2014 07:01

it must be!!

once you get into a sleep pattern, it takes a lot of work to break it.

I do hope that you manage to get into a more normal pattern soon. xxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 May 2014 11:21

It is not so bad. I can live around it.

There are other things we are finding strange too.

For seven years we would go upstairs soon after Fred was put to bed in the front room at about seven thirty. I would go to bed and he would be in the other bed room on the sofa watching television.

I would do my sleep pattern and he would sleep on the sofa because he had to get up for work.

We are still upstairs at the same time, still the same routine.

The shopping was a routine and now there are things I don't buy but still go to them in the shop. We bought the sweets for the carers every week, Fred's squash, Cheese Strings if he wasn't keen on eating, hundreds of rolls of kitchen towel because he was obsessed with it and I think his bum ate toilet rolls. Washing up liquid, always had to be Fairy, by the gallon, washing capsules by the nine million.

I am having to be careful not to build huge stockpiles now.

If OH has a days work that consists of short calls I will make sure I go with him so that I can get used to it being alright to leave the house all day with nobody there to put Fred to bed in the afternoon.

Even harder, I am having to wash up and do my own washing!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 May 2014 20:11

Sharron, it will take time but it will sort itself out.