General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IT'S STARTED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 23 May 2014 08:50

SCHOOL HOLIDAY'S START TODAY FOR A WEEK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

AND GUESS WHAT

YUP

ITS RAINING

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 May 2014 09:14

Grandson starts on Monday .

He will be coming to me on Monday evening and staying tuesday and Wednesday .

Hope he is in a better mood as daughter tells me he is being naughty at the moment .

He has learning difficulties and is coming up to 14 although he doesn't look it

Expect its teenage tantrums now too although a recent hospital visit says he isn't going into puberty yet

He told daughter this week when she asked why he was being so nasty that he is a teenager ! She said I don't think so cos you don't stay in bed till 1 pm!

He gets up early and scavenges around then moans later that there aren't any if his favourites in the cupboard for his school lunch box .

Looking forward to his visit !!!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 23 May 2014 10:15

whoo hooo I love baby Satan been off school
we have so much fun

unless he gets the x box out

even Dobby my doggy's smiling as we walk her in the country park :-D :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 23 May 2014 11:31

I have three year old Granson here today, after an hour of Fireman Sam I have started to talk in a Welsh accent :-S <3

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 23 May 2014 12:13

We started our holidays yesterday, I have always loved having the children home for the holidays.

Why have children and then moan about school holidays :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 May 2014 15:27

we dont moan about the school holidays its just that as grandson lives with his dad and stepmom.(our daughter) but his birth mum wants to control everyone except herself!! and then says she wont have him cos he has been naughty even though the court order and intervention of Social Services have supported her. she still cant cope . Our daughter works full time so needs to map out his care when he is on holiday. Just saying I dont want him cos he was naughty at the weekend doenst cut it I,m afraid and puts a lot of pressure on to our daughter.

Her employer doesnt want to know of problems , they are cut and dried . you work here or take hoiiday to cover BUT we want advanced warnings of any holiday you want and to say YEH or NEY

Things arent black and white and juggling acts have to be done to ensure the lad is looked after safely.

We step in to help when we can but are pensioners living 50mins drive away from our daughter

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 23 May 2014 16:35

I'm not saying you Shirley, it is totally understandable in your circumstances and I am sorry if I have upset you.

The ones I mean are the ones who moan because they have to look after their own children for a few days in half term and holidays when they don't have to work.

Once again, my sincere apologies Shirley <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 May 2014 17:01

Kitty
Wasnt offended.some circumstances just arent cut and dried was what I was saying

:-D :-D :-D :-D

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 23 May 2014 17:11

Good lesson for me though, think before you type :-D :-D :-D <3

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 23 May 2014 17:14

you only have to look round and there is a school holiday
im share we did not have this many when i was a kid

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 23 May 2014 17:31

I remember having Christmas, Easter, Ash Wednesday and Ascension days off and the summer holidays seemed about a year long, not sure if we had half term holidays in the 50s and 60s.

:-)

Edit Asked someone who knows and he said in England we have 195 days in a school year.