General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Apple TV, has anyone got it?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 25 May 2014 23:32

Has anyone got Apple TV, if so are you happy with it? Does it depend on the speed of the Internet wifi connection? Here in Tenerife it is not brilliant only about 2.5 Mbps. Will it keep buffering?

I've been thinking of buying it but haven't looked at the price here yet as I don't fully understand the ins and out of it. I would like to watch films etc from my iPad 2 on the television without a lot of hassle to do it.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 26 May 2014 09:55

It's about £99.00/109 euros for this little box that connects to your television and allows you to watch content from the iPad on your television.

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 26 May 2014 10:38

Great little device. well worth having.
:-)

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 26 May 2014 10:57

Sue in 10b, have you got one, if so what country are you using it in please?

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 26 May 2014 11:00

Yes I have one. bought it last year. Im in the UK

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 26 May 2014 11:04

Sue in 10b, thank you.

Anyone else know anything about them? :-)

Graham

Graham Report 26 May 2014 13:07

I don't know if this will help

http://store.apple.com/uk/appletv?afid=p219|GOUK&cid=AOS-UK-KWG-GO_UK_TV

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 26 May 2014 14:30

Thanks Graham I'll have a look

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 26 May 2014 15:18

This is a quote from the Wikipedia entry for Apple TV. There is a lot of info, most of it too technical for me, but this bit about internet connection speeds looks relevant.

A sustained 8 Mbit/s or faster Internet connection is recommended for viewing 1080p HD movies and TV shows, 6 Mbit/s or faster for viewing 720p content, and 2.5 Mbit/s or faster for SD content.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 26 May 2014 15:45

Uummm, thanks Andysmum, looks like I just scrape in for receiving the basic.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 27 May 2014 11:59

Found a friend locally who has one but doesn't know how to use it! Her son is coming over in June to show her and he is going to try it on my television before I invest in one. So hopefully it will work okay.

Thanks for the advice from all who contributed. X