General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

£1 million for an unmade bed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sirius

Sirius Report 27 May 2014 22:30

( Tracy Emin's art up for sale ) I admit I don't understand 'why'...but am open to offers on my own pit lol

btw the sheets are clean :-D I have some standards ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 May 2014 22:33

and I have a dusty dressing table to go with it :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 May 2014 22:41

I too have clean sheets, but also have an 'artistic' smattering of fluff under the bed (cat fur mainly), a nice oil mark on the window frame (natural oil/dirt off the cat who wipes along it when he gets behind the blind) and a dirty splodge on the window (cat again). Ideal for those who miss cats! (not suitable for those with a cat allergy.)

Sirius

Sirius Report 27 May 2014 23:00

Mine comes with an assortment of books stuffed under the pillows on each side lol.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 May 2014 23:55

hmmmmmm ...... the books must make the pillows hard :-)

I can add a dusty 6 drawer chest of drawers ....................... real teak

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 28 May 2014 02:17

and I can offer a pile of extra clothing, winter things which I had thought would be able to go in store soon ready for summer gear! They are quite colourful and artistically stacked!

Lizx

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 28 May 2014 03:58

rats, I was just about to offer a pile of clothing, but I see my work is not original

:-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 May 2014 08:45

I normally make my bed straight away
but when I got up I had two sleepy cats refusing to get out of it
so I have left it

soon as they hear the tin opener they will wake like magic
and be down stairs like a flash :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 May 2014 10:04

my money is on Maggie's bedroom making a shedload of cash :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 May 2014 10:37

I can offer a bedside cabinet, with one drawer stuffed with out-of-date medication :-D

I really should take them to the pharmacy & get rid of them.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 28 May 2014 12:24

I thought this 'artwork' was lost in the fire some years ago in the warehouse where that odious man kept his stuff...

Sirius

Sirius Report 28 May 2014 12:34

Apparently DazedConfused one of the Saatchis bought it and is now selling , I didn't hear which one of them though, just caught the name Saatchi.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 28 May 2014 15:26

IMHO anyone who classified this bed as an object of art and worthy of an award is completely bonkers and whoever would have bought it, is even worse.

Beds like this can be seen in thousands of homes up and down the country especially where a teenager resides.

I do hope that there is nobody willing to buy this eyesore and that it will be sent to the tip.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 28 May 2014 21:50

That was who I meant - Charles Saatchi (vile man) bought this artwork many years ago, and I always thought it was one of those lost in the warehouse fire.

Whilst I like many on here do not consider this to be art. Tracy Emin is one of todays best artists. A lot is said about her controversial art, but many forget she is an accomplished artist and does some really good artwork.

My favourite is the Potter Grayson Perry, I love his work and I love him. I love it when he is dressed up and then starts talking, in his cockney accent. He is a true character. ;-)