General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Historian Tree Prog.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Island

Island Report 28 May 2014 11:55

No need to open thread if you don't have this prog.

I've messed up the layout on mine, marry-ins are now behind a dark box, tried to reverse the process to no avail.

I'm sure it's 'do-able' but don't want to risk a point of no return.

Help! :-) :-) :-)

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 28 May 2014 12:12

Can't help you myself but FH has a good user group with forums for asking questions. You could try that.

www.fhug.org.uk

Good luck

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 May 2014 14:35

Have you sorted it out yet?

Reading my 'getting the most from' V5 book,
Marking Boxes...

It sometimes happens that you want to mark a particular box on a diagram for some reason...
...By default marked boxes are displayed with a bright yellow background but you can configure this using *sundry colours* (see the General tab of the Diagram options dialog)

........... The Select and Mark menu (off the Diagram menu) has various options relating to marking boxes (as well as selecting them). If you can't remember the Ctrl-M combination you can use mark/unmark boxes menu command to do the same thing. You can also use the Clear All Marks and Select Marked Boxes.

Have you tried the 'help' button when you have the diagram window open?

Island

Island Report 28 May 2014 14:57

Thank you Vera. I had a look at the forum but they seem to be talking in numbers aka a bit over my head. I'll have another look later though.

Thank you Det - 'bright yellow background'? Not on mine :-S

I've been having another tinker and managed to get rid of the black rectangles over the 'marry-ins' but that took rather more steps that the couple I took to mess it up!
I'm now back to coloured backgrounds in boxes which I was so proud to have got rid of and had them all white.
I shall try your tips later Det.
One more thing......I'm sure I found a back button on this programme once upon a time but haven't located it since. Any ideas anyone?

:-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 May 2014 15:04

Under 'Edit' then Undo? Experiment on the Munroe Sample project.

If you mean when you've got the dialogue box open (where you can add the names of children, events etc) there is a left/right arrow to return to the previous focussed person, or a blue up pointing triangle to go to their parents.

What version are you using?