General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

O.M.G

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 28 May 2014 14:43

I am not going to turn into my mother.

Today I phoned the orphanage in Mombassa that David lives in. Mum has supported David for the last 14yrs (since birth) and left him money in her will. He was born with aids and is slowly going blind
My idea was sort the trust out and be done with it.

That isn´t going to happen. Not only have I agreed to be a trustee of the trust for him, I have also agreed to stay in touch by post with him as he was devastated about Mums death and the orphanage feels that being in touch with me will help him come to term with the fact that she can no longer visit him.
I so wanted to say NO take the money and let me run away. So not only have I agreed to be a trustee I have also agreed to mail David and be a support line for him.

How did that happen :-S

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 28 May 2014 14:48

Because you have a kind heart Uzzi :-)

No amount of money can fill the gap that human contact, no matter how remote, can :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 May 2014 14:54

That is good Uzzi, good to maintain contact for his sake and it is not all one way. It will be so rewarding for you to know that you are filling your Mum's place with David. Well done :-) <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 28 May 2014 15:21

Thank you Kitty and Ann
I really didn´t intend staying in contact after the money was handed over, I meant to phone them and tell the money was there and leave it up to them. END OFF

How I have agreed to everything else I don´t know it´s scarey that I may be like my mother, but I do know that it is right for me to let David contact me so he can have a release.

I have to shake my head and wonder at me, I can not believe I have done this, but I know it is right

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 28 May 2014 15:29

UzziInSunshine well done - you are doing the right thing and I concur with what KittytheLearnerCook & AnninGlos have said <3

Solrosen

Solrosen Report 28 May 2014 15:58

As Kitty,and everyone else, has said..... because you are a kind person UzziInSunshine!

To quote Mark Twain...
Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

Well done
<3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 28 May 2014 16:04

Thank you Onefoorinthegrave and Solrosen
Solrosen your quote is especially apt as David is going blind.

Thank you

Florence61

Florence61 Report 28 May 2014 19:51

Because you have a heart of gold Uzzi and you are a kind and caring person.

carrying on where your mum left off is a legacy in her memory and she will be proud of you.

David is so lucky to have someone helping him through a difficult life, not everyone has.

florence
in the hebrides :-) <3

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 28 May 2014 22:00

Your mother must have been a very kind good person and you are just following in her footsteps :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 May 2014 22:29

well done Uzzi I very proud of you xx :-D :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 May 2014 22:58

Well done Uzzi. shows what a kind heart you have :-D

Sometimes over the years you think you took after your dads side of the family even in my case being told how much I looked like his horsey looking sister .THANKS!

Now as I am older I get glimpses of me, or impressions of how she spoke and think MY GOD i am getting like my mum!!

She was a lovely mum so no problem there

But she did have her moments or several too lol
:-D

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 29 May 2014 00:01

Well done Uzzi you are so kind and thoughtful.
I have to say if I get like my mum I will be happy, she was lovely xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 29 May 2014 06:53

Oh go on, Uzzi, you must have known you would not just end things there and then, you softie. You will be helping David as only you can, it might not be the same as your Mum's way but keeping in touch with him will enrich his life and do only good. You can write to him about the dogs and the mad friends you have on here. Bless him, he's been dealt a raw deal, you will just be making his life a little better than it might have been, same as your Mum did in her way.

Take care, have been thinking about you doing the decorating etc Hope it all went well

Lizxxx

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 29 May 2014 06:55

Aw uzzi such lovely news your not turning into your mum, you just have a wonderful heart, n its big enough to share with this young man

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 29 May 2014 08:10

Thank you everybody <3 <3 <3

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 29 May 2014 09:34

So proud of you and your mom will be too. Dare I say like mother like daughter. Good on you Uzzi

Love Mary xx