General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joan of Arc

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 30 May 2014 10:15

Joan of Arc died on this day in 1431. She was burnt to death for being a witch.
On the same day in 1920 she was made a saint by Pope Benedict XV.
I wonder if any other witches have become saints... :-S

I doubt if Joan of Arc was really a witch. But were/are witches so bad? Or is it that they get a bad press for going against what christians believe? Are we more tolerant of witches today than we were in the 15th century?

Do you know any witches? Or suspect somebody of being a witch? Are you a witch yourself? Do you believe in witchcraft?

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 30 May 2014 10:22

If you believe in God, and believe in what the Bible says, then you must believe in the powers of evil as well. You cannot take one side and then completely discount the other side. So, evil power is real and witchcraft is one of the major ways that the devil's agenda is advanced.

Graham

Graham Report 30 May 2014 10:25

There are witches that don't believe in God. So they don't see themselves as evil.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 30 May 2014 10:58

There are also religious people who DO believe in a God AND they "don`t see themselves as evil" but it doesn't`t stop them perpetrating evil acts.

Sirius

Sirius Report 30 May 2014 12:45

I have met two witches, well one witch and one wizard ( or is it warlock?) to be precise. The witch was a 'white' witch, she was lovely :-)

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 30 May 2014 13:17

I have many times been called a witch. Well I THINK they said witch.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 30 May 2014 13:32

I BELIEVE IN WITCHES AND WARLOCKS,AND FOR THE MOST THEY ARE REALLY LOVEY PEOPLE.,

NICE TO SEE YOU BC CANT BELIEVE YOU
WOULD BE CALLED A WITCH OR EVEN A *****

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 30 May 2014 13:38

Why thank you dear Dizzi <3 :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 30 May 2014 15:35

BC how could anybody possible say that of you
your lovely and so kind and do the very best lamb dinners

you are the mum that most people would pick
if they could pick their own :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 May 2014 15:38

BC :-D :-D :-D A white witch maybe

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 30 May 2014 16:13

Witches Wizards and Warlocks are part of the Pagan religion or the more modern Wicca religion. As with all religions there are good and evil amongst them. :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 30 May 2014 16:36

Merry Meet <3

Graham

Graham Report 30 May 2014 18:40

Pagan was originally a word used by christians to refer to anybody who wasn't a christian. ;-)
In a similar manner Jews refer to non-Jews as gentiles.