General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My grandfather / great grandfather HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 May 2014 13:55

My grandfather born in (I believe) 1896 in Coventry went over to Canada and joined the armed forces in (1915). He served in Britain and France before an honourable discharge due to war wounds received. On his military records he has put his grandfather as his next of kin. Richard King of 99 Queen Victoria Street, Coventry. As I am new at this I have tried to input this information and not having any luck finding any records. Any help, leads or straight out information would be of extreme help. Thank you. :-S

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 30 May 2014 14:03

Hello and welcome :-)

You would be best putting this on the Find Ancestors thread
where you will get loads of help.
It could get swallowed up here on General Chat

Emma :-)

Good luck

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 May 2014 14:15

Emma's very new - message sent to her telling her what to do

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 30 May 2014 14:16

:-S :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 May 2014 14:17

you havent said what your grandfathers name was !!

Island

Island Report 30 May 2014 14:30

FMP, no Richard King in Coventry in 1911 and just one Richard King in Coventry for the other years but living in Mount Street. Nothing for Queen Victoria Street.