General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yahoo mail. What's going on?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Jun 2014 12:31

Good afternoon peeps, just wondering what on earth is going on with my mail? I tried to access it via my favourites as usual and a load of gobbily gook came up. Tried using mozilla firefox and didnt have much luck there either.

I know it's changing on the 5th jun so probably wont be able to view using IE as i normally do.
But switched browser and to no avail.

Anyone else having problems accessing their emails today?

Florence
in the hebrides :-S

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Jun 2014 12:35

gobbledegook has been attaching itself for some time now..........

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Jun 2014 12:40

Thanks for the correct spelling Bob lol

Just so annoying. Why do things have to change when it won't change anything that we have already.

"If it ain't broken, then don't try to fix it"

Florence
in the hebrides :-|

Graham

Graham Report 2 Jun 2014 14:58

It seems very slow. Other than that it seems okay :-S

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 2 Jun 2014 15:14

There have been documented problems with Yahoo mail for a number of days.

Also, it was affected by the Heartbleed bug/virus so it is very important that you change your password if you have not already done so.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 2 Jun 2014 15:41

If your email is BTYahoo you should have received an email from BT explaining what to do to ensure that your emails remain trouble free.

We had ours ages ago, and several reminders since, and by following the link made the necessary changes.

Our emails are now on BT.com and not BTYahoo, as they have, I think, gone their separate ways.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 3 Jun 2014 13:41

yahooooo yes we are back in business.
Crikey, i can do without Fb or I Phone or Twitter etc(dont do any of them at all) but being without emails is without contact from friends and family.

I also rely on mail re my job and other things that are important.

It has put me on what they call basic mail, but really it isnt very different, just no frills....

All I need now is for this nasty virus i have had for a week to disappear, so i can get back to work!

florence
in the sunniest hebrides :-D :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 3 Jun 2014 14:09

You can switch between the two versions of Yahoo Mail by doing the following...

This is for Internet Explorer 11 but is broadly the same for older versions and other browsers.

To move from basic to advanced version:

1. In the top right corner click on "Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail"
2. Click on the Tools menu (towards top left of Internet Explorer) and click on "Delete browsing history..."
3. Put a tick next to "Temporary Internet files and web site files" and "Cookies and web site data"
4. Click the Delete button
5. Click on OK
6. Close Internet Explorer and restart it (you may have to sign back in to some websites)

To switch back to the basic version again:

1. Hover over the Settings icon and select Settings
2. Click on "Viewing email" on the left
3. Select Basic

All done.