General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It came yesterday.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Jun 2014 10:23

The Fred Memorial Runny Thing.
The water feature.
It is up and running intermittently, solar powered, but I don't know if I am going to be able to get my watercress in it as I don't want to block it's little pump.

The other compartments, the ones they suggest you should grow something in, don't have any drainage either so I suppose I will have to put things in pots in them, only little pots too.

He would have enjoyed the difficulty!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jun 2014 15:08

Pots would probably be better with some small shale on top to stop the dirt ! leaking out

Your watercress sounds ideal as its thrives in water whereas other plants get overwhelmed roots and rot if they get too much.

Many moons ago I bought a solar operated pump for a water feature because at that time we didnt have outdoor electrics.

Bought a big plastic half barrel and plants that liked their roots in water .set it all up and hey presto we had a spout of water. trouble was every time the sun went in it didnt work and as the sun traveled up the garden in was in the shade so no worky either

B thing would work in the barrel but would spin around so the water would spill over the side and lose water so the plants sitting on brick platforms got their water levels reduced .

I got rid I am afraid .