General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cwop

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Jun 2014 11:50

Yesterday I was at my local Cwop store buying a large bag of Purina cat biscuits for my loyal pet and was in the checkout queue when a woman behind me asked if I had a cat.

What did she think? That I had a dog? So, since I’m retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn’t have a cat. I was starting the Cat Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t, because I ended up in hospital last time, but I’d lost 10 kilograms before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with Purina salmon cat biscuits and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in queue was now enthralled with my story, and were beginning to load baskets with Purina cat biscuits).

Then the penny dropped. I was being sarcastic and trying to make her look foolish and gullible. So she smashed me in the mouth.

I thought the other people in the Cwop in Penrhiwceiber were going to have heart attacks because they were laughing so hard. They were still cheering and clapping the woman who had hit me as the ambulance took me to the Royal in Llantrisant. :-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jun 2014 12:01

too late John - this one was put up recently - only it was a dog - Mildred posted it!!! must be doing the rounds :-D :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Jun 2014 12:17

It is not true, AnnC. It was not Penrhiwceiber. It happened in the Cwop in Llareggub, next village to Llamedos as I know you are familiar with area. :-D :-D :-D ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Jun 2014 12:23

this story rears its head every few years, shops from Alaska to Zambia!!

always makes me laugh

Kense

Kense Report 8 Jun 2014 14:16

That is an interesting variation, JustJohn. :-)

Merlin

Merlin Report 8 Jun 2014 14:23

Next it will be about the Welshman trying to sell Leeks to a Plumber. :-)

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 8 Jun 2014 15:43

:-D :-D

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 8 Jun 2014 15:49

Did you ask the shop lass to tell you the price in Welsh ;-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Jun 2014 16:06

Rofl, Hayley. Not the other roflm?o as it would be too rude an expression to share with royalty. :-D :-D :-D ;-)