General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ada benjamin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Albert

Albert Report 10 Jun 2014 19:29

do i have any relations in tonypandy this where my mother was born in1906

from her son albert john smith

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 10 Jun 2014 19:36

Hello Albert.

It would be in your best interest to post this request on the "Find Ancestors" board.

Births Dec 1906 (>99%)
Benjamin Ada Pontypridd 11a 671

You can also use "Search" above.........and click on "Search All Members Trees" from the drop down menu..........to see if you can find any other members who might have your family in their tree.

If it is living relatives you are looking for......you could post on the "Find Living Relatives" board....giving details of exactly who you are looking for.

Good luck!

Prickles. :-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 10 Jun 2014 23:13

Dear Albert

Have given you some info via a personal message about Benjamin family starting at 1911 census in Kenry St and working all the way back to 1841 when they were living in Dinas Rhondda and on Llwynypia Farm.

Not sure about living rellies. But Ada was one of 9 children at 6 Kenry St in 1911. I know Kenry St quite well, and have an inkling it is a largish "Manager's" type house quite close to the Gilfach Road end. Will haved a look next time I pay a royal visit to Pandy.

Cheers

John

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 10 Jun 2014 23:16

Prickly Holly has told you about "Find Living Relatives". You will be amazed what they can find for you.

I also wonder if you have thought about writing a short note to the Rhondda Leader in Pontypridd. Local people all read that.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 10 Jun 2014 23:37

John

You are missing the point.

This is the "Chat Board"

Any one of us could have posted the details on here regarding the Benjamin family starting at 1911 and working all the way back to at least 1841.

Those details didn't need to be sent by PM.

I was trying to point Albert in the right direction as to which board to post on.

:-S :-S :-S

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 10 Jun 2014 23:39

Not first time I have missed the point, Prickles :-D ;-)