General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Big Bang Theory

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sirius

Sirius Report 12 Jun 2014 17:29

what do you think of it?

I love it, especially Sheldon, ok it is perhaps not what I'd have expected to enjoy, but it does make me laugh :-)

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 12 Jun 2014 18:51

I absolutely love it!....My favourite programme......even the repeats :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 12 Jun 2014 18:59

:-D :-D :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 12 Jun 2014 21:22

Tis on now :-D

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 13 Jun 2014 06:39

Its a regular for us at the moment.

We had to pick Mrs Green Pen off the floor watching the episode about Howard's Robotic Arm

ValerieM

ValerieM Report 13 Jun 2014 07:43

It's a regular in our house too. Love the programme.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 13 Jun 2014 09:36

I love Sheldon Cooper..... my favourite episode is the one where he got his head stuck in the wall. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 13 Jun 2014 11:44

Excellent, some more people who love it :-)

I have only recently caught on to it so i have lots of episodes to catch up on :-)

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 13 Jun 2014 12:30

Series 5 episode 17:
Sheldon: Why is there a hole in my new office?
I’ve narrowed it down to two possibilities: There was something in the wall that someone outside the wall wanted, or the more disturbing, there was something in the wall that wanted out.

Sheldon: Help! Somebody help!

Leonard: What happened?

Sheldon: I was trying to see what was in here and my head got stuck.

Leonard: Why would you do that?

Sheldon: It’s called scientific curiosity. Now go get butter.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 13 Jun 2014 12:31

:-) I shall look out for that one GlasgowLass

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 13 Jun 2014 14:39

yes...the writers have got a brilliant sense of humour....the timing of the cast is spot on and the cast couldn't possibly be played by any others......May it live long and prosper!.......

I have to say that I am also watching Made in Chelsea....don't ask me why, I am still trying to fathom it out.

Dermot

Dermot Report 13 Jun 2014 15:07

'The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the early
development of the universe'.

Richard Dawkins is a fan no doubt. ;-)

Sirius

Sirius Report 28 Jun 2014 19:25

Ok now this is really sad, but I have only just noticed the 'vanity card' text at the end of the show... and you can read them here

http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php?p=423

"Love is a Quantum Event

We experience it as an emotion, but the feeling of love, the desire to be close to the beloved, is actually an unconscious expression of the dynamic nature of sub-atomic particles eternally trying to regroup into the singularity that was their primordial state before the Big Bang blew them apart. While this knowledge helps to explain almost all human behavior, it is completely useless for writing song lyrics and Hallmark cards. Don't even think about it for marriage proposals."

:-)

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 28 Jun 2014 19:30

Just as an aside...sort of.....someone I know has just called their dog 'Sheldon'......am annoyed cos that is what I wanted to name one of mine :-(

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 28 Jun 2014 19:35

OH and myself never miss it :-D :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 28 Jun 2014 19:35

lol :-) has a vision of Susan, denied the opportunity of calling her dog Sheldon, running round a park calling out "Wolowitz " :-D :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 28 Jun 2014 19:37

ohhhhhh Noooooo! :-D.......or what about Cuprapali :-D