General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Messages?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 14 Jun 2014 21:03

Hi, hope I am posting this in the right place.

Does anyone else have an issue with the messages on Genes? I get a [1] on the tab indicating a new message, but no message actually shows in my inbox for a good 2/3 hours.

Is there something I can do to fix this on my browser or is it a site problem?

(I'm using Safari)

Thanks!

Dermot

Dermot Report 14 Jun 2014 21:27

Same here - for several years now!

I gave up long ago!

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 14 Jun 2014 21:30

I think that may happen to me ...but I never think to go back later to see Ohh! :-S

SueCar

SueCar Report 14 Jun 2014 21:31

Hi Amanda

Yes, definitely a very good board to post your question on :-)

Unfortunately I don't know the answer, but quite soon someone who does will see your post, so keep looking out.

Regards

SueCar

Graham

Graham Report 14 Jun 2014 21:37

You could try emailing GRs support team ;-)
support @genesreunited.co.uk

Amanda

Amanda Report 15 Jun 2014 18:58

Ah thank you :)

It's horrible, get all excited thinking I have a message and have to wait ages to actually be able to read it.

Thank you again!

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 15 Jun 2014 22:38

I've had this for about 6 months now - my Messages shows +1 but there is nothing there. Emailed support, said they'd look into it. After a couple of months I replied to their email and just got the standard response I got the first time. Went round in circles.

I have no unread messages and still shows +1. I know I have a real new message if it shows +2.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 16 Jun 2014 00:45

I don't know if this helps, but I always delete the E-mails from Genes that arrive in my mail box telling me I have received messages.
I sometimes access them from my E-mail as well.
I wouldn't have thought deleting the E-mail should make a difference, but you never know with the wondrous workings of GR.