General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pollen count

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 19 Jun 2014 15:07

Do not recall ever hearing of a very high pollen count warning before.

How are those affected by this coping at the moment.

Moi - had to go on to 30mgs steroids daily, am in bedroom, closed windows and air cooler machine full blast.

Hope each is OK and that this will soon pass. Wanted to see the Morris Men in village last evening - a tentative wish was whispered - and I dived under the duvet at the reply! ;-)

Sirius

Sirius Report 19 Jun 2014 15:15

Awful, worse than last year and the tablets that usually work are not helping. Also have a family member suffering with it this year who isn't affected normally, combination of the weather and timing of the pollen I guess.

Everyone who has it has my sympathy.

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jun 2014 19:38

Blocked nose,itchy throat ,cough,and basically feeling cr**..I never used to suffer from Hayfever until about 5 years ago ,but as each year goes by now I seem to get worse :-S..I dread OH cutting the lawn now as it is grass pollen now.I take a Zirte* everyday and a Nasal Spray.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Jun 2014 20:09

It affects my skin as well, so when I go out I have to have SPF 90, long sleeve top and a parasol because of the sun, and antihistamines to stop the itches but I can at least go,outside for a while.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jun 2014 08:08

Both hubby and I have been getting hay fever this last 5 years plus .started off with the sniffles and sneezes that we thought were colds coming but they didn't really develope . Been getting worse each year

Got up this morning with yep feel like I have a cold in the head coming . Taken some paracetamol so hope it goes as can't be laid up as still have the daily vet run to be done