General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Add Features

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Jun 2014 22:58

Please can anyone tell me if i add"Travel and Overseas features" to my account for the discount offer of £5.94, how long is that sub for? It says it will expire when my subs do. As mine are due to expire in a months time, presumably it would be better to wait and add it when i renew to get a full 6 months worth of the feature.

If i add it now then am i correct in thinking it will only last one month?
Does anyone know what information you will get? ie full names of passengers travelling with the person you are looking up?

Just considering if it's worth it. £5.94 only works out at roughly £1.00 per month which isn't much is it?

Florence
in the hebrides

jax

jax Report 22 Jun 2014 23:32

Do you have many to look up? have you looked to see if they are on the free search?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Jun 2014 23:47

i do have quite a few jax and each time i click for details it comes up with sub needed.
What free search is there on this site or is it elsewhere?

can you tell me please.
thanks
florence
in the hebrides

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Jun 2014 23:50

No idea about how the add on would work - how about emailing GR?

As to the names. Well. if you were to look at the image, you'd see people with the same surname who 'appeared' to be travelling with them. Sometimes there are first names, sometimes just initials!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Jun 2014 23:52

Florence - why not start a new thread on Find Ancestors? Tell us the parameters you've used and C&P any preview and we'll have a look.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 23 Jun 2014 07:17

Hi Florence :-)

The discounted offer is only because your subscription is nearing it's end. Once the time comes to renew your subscription, the Add-ons will be at full price again.

I took advantage of the offer for Parish Records for about £5 toward the end of my subscription period, and had a lot of success in the Pembrokeshire area, so it was well worth it. However I didn't find the Travel and Migration Records, which I also took at the offer price, very good.

As DET says, the GR volunteer researchers on Find Ancestors could perhaps help you.