General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ladies - only you can answer this question

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 4 Jul 2014 15:15

When pregnant did you have any cravings? If so, did the baby pick on it?

First pregnancy - sick all day for about 4 months - then wanted chips at 1.00 a.m.
One potato chipped and half a slice of bread and butter. Told GP - said my body was craving fat and the greasiest thing I could have - I kept it down!

Daughter would have eaten chips every day if permitted.

Second pregnancy - staying in Hull at aunt's in February - drinking iced orange squash and sucking ice cubes whilst Nan squawked 'this baby will be born with pneumonia'. Son only drank orange squash until early twenties - then discovered tea but still drinks his squash.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Jul 2014 15:31

Can't recall anything in particular for the first 2 pregnancies, but for the last one

Avocados then mince pies.

As all three like both items, a pre-natal conditioning doesn't wash. :-0

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Jul 2014 15:36

nothing

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 4 Jul 2014 15:38

Sherbert lemons..... :-D

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 4 Jul 2014 15:42

I tend to think its your body craving something it lacks...I.e....my mum ate about 10 oranges a day when having me so she said,but Though I like oranges don't have them much...prefer pears and bananas.
I had a craving for dark chocolate when having my first,but my daughter doesn't particularly like the bitter dark stuff.
With 2nd it was vinegar.Loved chips soaked in it or on salad,but son doesn't care for it...
Who knows what it's all about!! :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jul 2014 15:44

Not cravings but was very sick in the first 6 months throwing up was the morning ritual which would also happen some times during the day only had a months grace from it at around 6 and half months and the at 7 plus months it started again

I couldn't bear the smell of tea couldn't even make hubby a cuppa . In those days it was loose leaf tea. If someone even said the word tea I would be heaving again

Strangely I was still in the side delivery room having given birth and waiting for the doc to come and do stitches .ouch !! When a nurse said you have missed lunch but would you like a cup of tea and some cake . Immediate response was no I can't drink tea when wow I felt do you know what I really could drink a cuppa . Was brought in a tray with a small teapot on it that gave three cups and it like nectar . First tea I had drunk in 8 plus months .

I did rather like chocolate snowballs though during the pregnancy

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 4 Jul 2014 16:46

My wife craved tomatoes on toast, glad she picked something cheap and easy to get!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jul 2014 17:05

Didn't have cravings with either pregnancy and both children have always eaten most foods.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 4 Jul 2014 17:08

I didn't have any cravings with any of my 3 girls.
I just ate continuously.
1st child: i gained 5 stones
2nd child: I gained 2 and a half stones
3rd child: I gained 10 pounds... my heaviest baby!

Although I did learn something recently about a woman craving chocolate at certain times of the month.
Its not an old wives tale after all
Blood sugar does drop at this time and craving chocolate is the body's way of telling you!

My daughter needs less insulin during one particular week every month!

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 4 Jul 2014 17:19

With my first I had a thing about really sour stuff, lemons and grapefruit then later on marzipan. He loves marzipan.

Nothing at all with any of the others, although my husband overloaded himself with those sweet and sour baby cucumbers and would get through huge catering jars.

All of them will eat anything including snails and all seafood from a very young age, although one of the boys won't eat cooked mushrooms and another isn't too keen on raw tomatoes, then neither am I.

I wasn't sick at all with any of them.

M.

SueCar

SueCar Report 4 Jul 2014 18:17

First time had an aversion to home-cooked boiled bacon.

Second time had cravings for filter coffee and went out and bought the filter papers and everything so I had could have it.

Then, later in that pregnancy I used to go up to the greengrocers on the next corner every morning about 11am and buy a small bag of peanuts still in their shells and devour them with a handful of raisins. The toddler used to eat them with me and ask for way-ways (raisins) if we hadn't gone yet. We hadn't heard of peanut allergy in the early eighties.

I put on too much weight, though and got told off by the midwife. :-D :-D :-D

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 4 Jul 2014 18:20

Liver and Brussel Sprouts and that is almost all I ate through two pregnancies.

Neither of my boys would touch them with a bargepole :-D

Every time I had an antenatal appointment I had to have a blood test to check for anaemia as they always thought I looked pale and peaky. Not surprisingly my iron levels were always excellent!

Chris

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Jul 2014 18:25

With my first Semolina he hates the stuff and always has.
2nd Peaches she still loves them
3rd Lemon curd inches thick,drinking chocolate and any pickles I could lay hand on. He only eats pickles not other things
4th and last Spring Onions,Gerkins and pickled onions she like all 3.