General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Practical jokes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 7 Jul 2014 12:10

Not a great fan of them myself, some can be very cruel, but some can be quite simple and inspired.

One I remember was a lady in the office that was a keen house plant keeper, anything that had a seed was popped in a pot and grown on.

Some wag decided to wind her up he got some polystyrene granules put spots on with a marker pen and told her he had been given them by a customer did she want them?

"Yes" she said "Do you remember what they are?",no he said, "I cant remember what they were called, but apparently you put them in a saucer of water until they sink to the bottom before planting"

I understand the running joke about how they were doing went on for some time before she twigged. ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jul 2014 15:18

I have never been a fan of practical jokes as most seem designed to make somebody look silly in front of others. I always feel sorry for the person the joke is played on.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 7 Jul 2014 16:08

Generally I find them pretty harmless and it is good to put a smile on somebody's face if they are intended to be good natured. Usually people seem to take them in the spirit in which they are intended - particularly if they have a sense of humour.
I've done quite a few over the years but I'm not going into details - you could be next on my list !

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Jul 2014 16:14

I find them funny
I just love the show off your Rocker
its about old people who play jokes on people :-D :-D