General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

subscription

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lorraine

lorraine Report 8 Jul 2014 17:49

Hi, I am currently a standard member but do not find it very useful.
Quite expensive buying credits so I thought I would look into subscriptions.
If I went on the 12 month or monthly subscription does this also include printing out marriage certs etc. ?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
Lorraine

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jul 2014 18:07

Welcome to the boards Lorraine -

No, you won't be able to print off the majority of marraige certificates, although there may be some amongst the Parish Record collection. Bear in mind that details are primarily for events in England and Wales.

Most of the 'marriages' or births and deaths for that matter are transcribed entries on the General Register Office index. You have to order a copy from them (£9.25) to see the details.

The same details for the entries on GR are available for free on http://www.freebmd.org.uk/ up to about the 1950's. Eventually all entries up to 1983 will be on the site.

GR's records are as good as anyone elses - you could always ask for help on Find Ancestors where members with a sub can look things up for you either on this site, or on another subscription one.

Depending on your area of geographical, we might be able to suggest other FREE sites you could use