General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How often does it happen to you?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 9 Jul 2014 11:22

Talking or thinking about someone you haven't seen in ages... and then they appear?

At lunch on Saturday, we were reminiscing about a family that we used to know and haven't seen for about 15years. We were laughing at a story we remembered about their young daughter.

Today, The daughter's wedding photos popped up on my FB page... she was married on Saturday!

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 9 Jul 2014 11:26

I think some people have a natural intuition, especially women.

I was thinking to myself one day last week how on earth would i manage babysitting my 2 youngest grandchildren ( 3 and 18 months) if my son and his partner were to have another baby, the very next morning he rang to tell me that baby number 3 was on its way..lol

:-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 9 Jul 2014 11:35

Congratulations Stella.
How lovely to have another grandchild,
Hope all goes well.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 9 Jul 2014 11:37

Thank you, this will be number 7 and i have a great grandchild as well... the toy-box gets ever bigger... lol

They are a blessing <3

Von

Von Report 9 Jul 2014 11:41

I had the same thing at the weekend.

I was organising a family party at home and thought how lovely it would be if one of my great nieces could join us then all the younger generation would be together.
Thinking this was wishful thinking she lives 400 miles away.

Imagine my delight and surprise when she arrived on Sunday with her grandmother, my sister.
My sister said that she hadn't phoned me during the week in case she spilt the beans. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Congratulations Stella

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Jul 2014 11:43

We were at a local pub (lovely spot, thatched, great atmosphere) on Friday and were talking about somebody we hadn't seen for a couple of years and within five minutes they walked in.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 9 Jul 2014 11:55

wow... so it happens quite a lot by the sound of things, maybe one day telepathy will be accepted and understood.. :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Jul 2014 11:58

I knew you were going to say that.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 9 Jul 2014 12:08

well there you are then...telepathy.. :-D

Kense

Kense Report 9 Jul 2014 12:21

You have to weigh that against all the times you think of someone and they don't turn up in the next five minutes.

It's spooky when it happens but usually it doesn't.

Telepathy or coincidence/ It's a no-brainer.

:-D

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 9 Jul 2014 12:27

i don't know because it often happens more between myself and my youngest son than with anyone else..?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Jul 2014 12:39

My sister and I phone each other, maybe 2 or 3 times a week, not on the same day and not at the same time.
Quite often, we can't get through - then find we were calling each other at the same time!

You could say this 'coincidence' has something to do with the TV, in that, say, I'll call her when a programme I was watching has finished, and she had the same idea. This is something I often ask her - but no, we don't watch the same programmes.

I also catch her when she's just got in from being out - and the reasons for her being out are may and varied, and not on a regular basis.

When we were younger (and disliked each other quite a bit), I would know if she was on the bus coming home. Mum would be preparing dinner, and mutter about when A would be back. I would say, 'She's not on the bus that's due, it'll be the next one'.

Mother never believed me - but I was always right. :-S

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Jul 2014 15:06

well quite often if i think of someone then they tel me. When i ask what made them tel as it's been ages, they always say, you suddenly came to my mind and i felt the need to speak with you.

i also think of something and very often it happens. Ie,was wishing someone would send me a cheque as the funds were down a bit and low and behold that afternoon, a cheques arrived in the post. not a huge one but strange as i thought it!

Another time, i thought my oh was going to be late for tea as i said to myself bet he gets a puncture because we are getting visitors and he will be late. Well yes he did and was 2 hours late!

I am very tuned in to other peoples thoughts and quite often read their mind as in i know what they will say next. Don't mean to do this but it happens frequently. Telepathy, ESp or Psycic? def something.

florence
in the hebrides. :-S