General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need help from anyone in SA re postcode please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 9 Jul 2014 21:17

is there anyone in South Africa that can help me with an address have most of address but person that gave it to me thinks theres a digit code as well like our postcodes just wondered if anyone could help me.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 9 Jul 2014 21:22

Try this.............

http://www.sapostalcodes.info/

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 9 Jul 2014 21:23

thank you

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 9 Jul 2014 21:28

tried it but not understanding the result will give the rest of address to mum and they can try and find code but will give her the web address as well to see if they can sort it out.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 9 Jul 2014 21:42

You could try putting the post code or address into Google maps and see what comes up.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 9 Jul 2014 22:01

I have a street name )presume it is lol) and a town again presume it is and person that sent it to me has said shes sure thres a digit code in there but cant find it at minute have sent it with your web address to mum and dad as its ione of their bridesmaid from 50 years ago they are trying to track down. will go and google map it though see what happens.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 9 Jul 2014 22:04

MR magoo you are a treasure thats worked and gave me full address thank you

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 9 Jul 2014 22:05

PM the details and i will have look if you want.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 9 Jul 2014 22:11

Ignore last post then.................that's what we are here for.... :-)

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 9 Jul 2014 22:27

i would never of thought of google maps though :-)

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 9 Jul 2014 22:38

Just been told what was on google map was not right one lol off to try again.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Jul 2014 22:40

Dawn

I have a neighbour from South Africa and could ask for her help if you can't find out another way.

Gwyn

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 9 Jul 2014 22:48

thanks Gwyn may come back to you tomorrow have tried google maps again with info she sent and came up with same as before so waiting on reply may need to confirm where the postcode bit goes would be nice for mum to write to her bridesmaid seeing as its there 5oth this year, hence the search for her and its her niece in this country I am in contact with but shes not in contact with her aunt anymore gets very complicated lol. d x