General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OAP's BEHAVING BADLY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 10 Jul 2014 20:01

This looks an interesting programme to watch... :-D

it's about oap's partying in Tenerrife...

Channel 5 9pm

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 10 Jul 2014 20:08

Saw that Sue....might get a few tips :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 10 Jul 2014 20:34

Having just watched most of this programme I would think that the Tenerife Tourist Board will be furious. I am even more glad than usual that I do not live in the south of the island where this was filmed. I am also sure that it was cut and doctored quite a lot too.

I suppose in comparison its not as bad as some of the Booze Britain TV shows but in those they are all young and fighting and in this they are all old and alcholic.

All I can say is my life style is the complete opposite to those in this documentary

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jul 2014 22:37

Not the sort of life/holiday I'd like.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 10 Jul 2014 22:48

Didn't watch it, saw the trailer.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 11 Jul 2014 08:05

DON'T THINK IT GAVE A GOOD IMPRESSION OF LIFE OUT THERE,
FOR A START ARE THEY JUST ON A FORTNIGHTS HOLIDAY,OR
LIKE THEY WERE A FEW YEARS AGO SPEND ALL WINTER SOMEWHERE
NICE,
LOOKED MORE LIKE A TWO WEEK BOOZE HOLIDAY THEY MOAN AT YOUNGSTERS FOR DOING

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 11 Jul 2014 08:44

Well I did say it would be interesting but certainly not my type of holiday.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jul 2014 08:46

I didn't watch it, OH did. When we have occasionally stayed in the South of Tenerife we have never ever seen badly behaved OAPs even though the last time we stayed in a hotel run by Saga. I think it is just TV looking for sensationalism.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 11 Jul 2014 09:51

I agree Ann, Channel 5 wanted a programme that would attract viewers and that is what they made, in my opinion. I don't dispute that drinks are cheap and there are lots of night clubs etc but the programme makers hyped it all up out of proportion to get their viewing numbers up.

I would imagine that home owners in the south were not amused by what were shown. Apart from showing the south in a bad light it didn't say much for the British pensioners that holiday there either.

Life in the north of the island is slow, quiet and a lovely way/place to live.