General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What to do with old stately home brochures?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pammy51

Pammy51 Report 11 Jul 2014 16:54

Been tidying our spare room and realised I have about 30 years worth of brochures from visits to stately homes etc.
I should get rid of them but don't want to throw them away :-(

Anyone got any good ideas of places where they might be able to use them?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Jul 2014 18:25

Would an Age Concern day centre be interested, or a Care Home? By looking at them some of the users might be able to reminisce about past times. .

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jul 2014 18:28

Let us know if you find somewhere.

Pammy51

Pammy51 Report 11 Jul 2014 21:05

Thanks, a Care Home sounds a good idea - quite a few near us
Another friend suggested the childrens ward at our local hospital, might have to censor the brochures first for any gory historical pictures/descriptions . :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Jul 2014 02:37

If you can't find anywhere like those places already suggested, advertise them for collection on gumtree or such, there will always be someone interested.

Lizx

Pammy51

Pammy51 Report 12 Jul 2014 14:14

Thanks Liz, knew I'd get some good suggestions here.

My trouble is that I hate to throw anything away but I am happy for it to go to a new home if I know someone else will use it!

Pammy51

Pammy51 Report 12 Jul 2014 17:39

Just talked to a friend who volunteers at a care home and she is going to take the brochures in there.

Thanks all, problem solved :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jul 2014 18:31

Well done - it would have been sad to send them for pulping :-D