General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Cabinet reshuffle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 15 Jul 2014 14:25

What job would you fancy? Made up or otherwise :-D

I'd like to be Minister for Tourism, with a nice little pad provided, that overlooks the Thames. I'd want this job because I'd make sure that historic buildings and other attractions were open longer.

What job do you fancy doing and why do you fancy it?

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 15 Jul 2014 17:00

Minister for couch potatoes, but only if I can work from home! :-D

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 15 Jul 2014 17:29

Minster for NHS!!

I would bring back matrons, do away with contract workers but reploy as ward cleaner persons etc. Instead of using agencies - set up our own pool of emergency personnel.

In E & A - have a bookkeeper person purely for checking details of patients to ensure those who should pay do not slip through the net.

Same system on wards (not one for each ward) payment details before admission and settlement before discharge.

Checks to be made continually that patients are receiving water etc (within reach) if food plates are full/nearly full - check if patient requires feeding or just encouragement. If food is below par - bring Catering Manager and Head Chef to book. Food is so important to patients'

Where there was more care taken there may be less compensation cases and NHS would have extra money in the kitty and families would have less heartache.

Prune out the over heavy administration. Bring Medical Staff into Hospital Administration.

Stop sending would be nurses to 'university' and return to the 'training schools' and 'on the wards' training.

Deposits etc to be put on to 'loan' items, crutches/strollers/trolleys/commodes etc.,
each time as I finished with an item and asked for collection, they were surprised.

I have probably upset someone, if so I am sorry, just as I see things.

Sirius

Sirius Report 15 Jul 2014 17:58

Minister for Genealogy....with 'access all areas' to all records including the 1921 census in advance of its release :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Jul 2014 18:37

Minister for education!

Get rid of Academies - state schools are for education, not profit making or a means for big businesses to 'offset, (AKA launder)' some taxable income.

Get rid of privately set up 'state' schools, and increase the number of 'proper' state schools.

Ban ALL faith schools - the appropriate place for religious instruction is in a Church Mosque, Synagogue, Gudwara etc. BUT children should learn about the similarities of different religions.

Bring back kitchens in all schools, and proper mid day meals.

Reduce the number of SATs tests, as stated above, schools are for education - an 'all round' education, not education tailored to poxy tests.

Bring back technical schools for the less academic. I must be horrendous for the not so academic to have to endure 6 years in a comprehensive school, when they can't understand half of what is said to them

Improve/increase the books/type of books in reading schemes. The ones I've seen are pretty boring.

I could go on.......... :-D

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 15 Jul 2014 22:05

Maggiewinchester for Education Minister.

I so agree with everything maggie says. If only it could really happen.

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 16 Jul 2014 03:27

So Far on here I think you would all make a much better job than those that are doing so now ... (agree with the genealogy one too :-D) ... Soo I vote you all on and get rid of the rubbish we have at the moment.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 16 Jul 2014 09:45

Can I be in charge of the Firing Squad come the Revolution

Or

Man (woman) the Machine Gun turrets when all the Politicians are put in Prison, Come the Revolution Brothers.........

As you can tell, I am truly fed up with most Politicians, fed up that there is little or no chance of getting a fag paper between the major parties, and those that are left make my angry too.

Wow, this is my 2nd post and all I have done is whinge, apologies folks, just venting really. Will feel less angry soon (I hope) :-S <3 ;-)

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 16 Jul 2014 11:05

Come the Revolution Politicians will be hanging two to a lamp post! :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jul 2014 12:31

Naaa - hanging's too good for them (and a bit brutal).

Give them a taste of their own 'oh so caring' medicine.
A wee bit of brutality is allowed, say damage their knee, so they're in constant pain, keep them on benefits for 6 months or so, so the poverty really sinks in - there will be no jobs for them anyway - useless bunch of *&%$£, whilst the media call them all the names under the sun, then make them go to an ATOS type place, where they'll be told they ARE capable of work, so they'll lose their benefits, but, of course, be unable to get a job :-D :-D :-D

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 17 Jul 2014 16:18

Maggie I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you....... That is if me old knees will let me stand :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Jul 2014 17:06

:-D :-D :-D Nolls, here, grab my hand :-D