General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nearly at the End

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 20 Jul 2014 19:01

of my nearly 18yr old nephew and his 3 mates 2 weeks holiday.
I am not going to say it´s been a doddle but I will say it was better than the worst I could imagine. Much better.
But I do need a break because yes I listened for them coming in at the early hours ..If I missed them trust me Mini woke me up barking to tell me :-D. I haven´t dared go near the flat because well because it´s their holiday and if they want to live in a tip then *shrugs*
but we are near the end as Wednesday I will BBQ for them so I keep them at home as they have an early early flight on Thursday.

Friday ...I will clean the flat and on Tuesday my 15yr old niece arrives, she is with us for a week before her 15yr old friend joins her for another 10 days. :-S

Then I clean the flat and YES my sis in law arrives for 2 weeks ...adult conversation and I can even get in my PJ´s at 9pm with no worries <3 ;-) <3 ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Jul 2014 22:22

T says good experience for you for running a holiday camp... :-D you will need a holiday afterwards

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Jul 2014 04:00

Whoa, that's a lot of folks and a lot of cleaning, I think you should get the lads to clear up a bit after themselves or at least leave you a gas mask as a parting gift!

I am sure your niece will be better company for you and even with her friend there later on, they won't be as bad as four lads together!

Enjoy your s.i.ls visit, adult conversation and pjs will be heaven for you lol

And then..... and then......

Lizxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jul 2014 07:55

You may be surprised and the lads have left the flat in a good state .

Young teenage girls can be quite lazy and slobbish so hope they behave themselves :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 22 Jul 2014 19:40

Ha I meant to come back to this ages ago ..but last night we took the lads out ..then they went out when we went to bed .. :-0 They came home when we got up ..Not that I had to get up mind but Mini was going nuts.

Shirley I won´t be surprised and find the lads have left the flat tidy, 2 of them were here last year and I have already had a sneak walk in ....I know it won´t be clean. Yes young teen girls can be slobbish also and I have no doubt that I will shake y head when they go. BUT I am cooking main meals for them ..I was going to ask how bad can it be then but I won´t.

Ann tell T that I always said when I quit the pub I wanted to run a holiday camp :-D :-D don´t want to do that any more. I think more like a nice sedate small over 50´s place by the sea would do :-D By the way I took your advice and removed ALL the ornaments from the bedroom before they arrived.

Liz .. lol asking the lads to clean up !! :-0 although I will try as I am keeping them in Wednesday night as they have to be up by 7.30am (let them dare sneak out Mini will tell me). They haven´t been getting up till mid afternoon most days so as soon as I know they are up it´s cases sorted ...bin bags here, sergeant major here I come.
Niece will be a little darling if last year is anything to go by, but the flat will still be a tip. Having Sis in law will be amusing only spent 3 days with this one last year and MIL was along aswell, so time to get together again. PJ´s and UNO at the ready.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Jul 2014 20:34

Fingers crossed for 'capatain's' rounds tomorrow then. Well done for removing the ornaments, accidents happen :-)