General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Drugs Raids gone wrong

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Jul 2014 21:11

Where I live a big drugs operation took place on Wednesday night
During the raids the police dogs where brought in
and an old lady 73 was badly bitten by the police dog in her garden
Sadly the old lady died today
What a awful event

my thoughts are with her family and friends :-( :-(

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Jul 2014 21:27

Thats so awful Joy...so very very sad

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 20 Jul 2014 21:36

Remember reading about it..........so sad. :-(

Thoughts are with her family.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Jul 2014 21:46

it sure is she was a lovely lady to
there's to be a big police inquiry :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Jul 2014 21:56

awful - and 73 is not old - not in my book anyway

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Jul 2014 22:04

So sad. I hope there is an investigation and that measures are taken to try to ensure such a thing doesn't happen again.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Jul 2014 22:14

That is sad. And that was my thought too Ann, I don't think of myself a an old lady. She had a giod ten years at least ahead of her, i hope there is a proper investigation.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 20 Jul 2014 22:34

just awful.......how her family if any cope with this I dont know........someone needs to come up with big answers and heads roll.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Jul 2014 22:45

I thought police dogs were supposed to be under control?
lets hope the dog keeper gets prosecuted, the same as any public dog owner..

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Jul 2014 23:02

the dog was in persute of a suspect
who run through the ladies garden and over the backs
the lady gave permission for the dogs to go in her garden to search

its a tragic accident

the dog and the handler have been suspended till the enquiry is over :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Jul 2014 07:23

That's really sad, poor woman to have her life ended in such a horrible way, heartbreaking for her family and all who knew her.

It must be traumatic for the dog handler too and it's all because some scummy druggie couldn't just face up to being caught, and did a runner. I hope karma happens to him in a big way but nothing will bring that poor woman back.

May she rest in peace

Lizx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 21 Jul 2014 15:31

*** Update on Lady Injured in Middlesbrough ***

Cleveland Police are deeply saddened to receive the news that 73 year old Irene Collins of North Ormesby who was injured following contact inside her home with a Cleveland Police operational police dog last Wednesday has passed away in James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough over the weekend.

Assistant Chief Constable Sean White of Cleveland Police said: “Our thoughts are with family members, relatives and friends who will be distraught at this sad news. Members of Cleveland Police share the grief that is felt and we all wish to express our sincerest condolences to the family.

“The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been updated and will make a decision on how the incident should be investigated. We are providing the highest level of co-operation to the IPCC and seeking to support the family where it is possible to do so.

“The police dog involved has been withdrawn from operational policing activities and support is being provided to the police officer who was handling the dog at the time of the event.

“We are committed to learning any lessons that may arise from the investigation

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Jul 2014 17:10

not much more they can do or say really

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 21 Jul 2014 17:53

So very very sad for everyone concerned. Condolences to the victims family what a tragic loss for them, they must be devastated. My thoughts are also with the police officer and his dog both just doing their jobs.