General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NUTS!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Jul 2014 01:17

My husband came home about half an hour ago............

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Jul 2014 01:22

and gave me a.......

B.O.N.K.

:-D

Bart's Original Nut Kracker :-D

What were you thinking?????????

There are lots of macadamia farms near us........ the farmers leave bags of macadamias on a table by the roadside with an honesty box.

Have you ever tried to get the shell off a macadamia?

Ordinary nutcrackers won't do it...... I've broken at least two. I've bashed them with a hammer, ended up with crushed macadamia :-(

Bart's is a heavy duty thingie....... I put the macadamia in, turned the handle, and couldn't get any further!

Looks like OH will be cracking macadamias.

:-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Jul 2014 09:53

I don't think he'll be taking the shells of any nuts for a while.

I have no idea what he was doing...... but he almost cut the top of his thumb off today, with a banana knife!

A banana knife is like a double-edge machete, and VERY sharp.

:-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Jul 2014 17:41

:-( :-( :-( Has been to get it stitched? Hope it is ok.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Jul 2014 18:38

Stitched!?? You have no idea what he's like........ if his leg was hanging off he might go to the doctor.

Slosh on some Dettol and slap on a bandaid.

I've been at him all day to go for a tetanus jab........... yeah, yeah, maybe.

He played golf this afternoon, complained when he got home that the last 8 holes were terrible, because his thumb was throbbing.

:-(

I should mention......... his genes are German and Cornish! Stubborn & doesn't make a fuss.