General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Happy birthday Lizp tomorrow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 24 Jul 2014 22:16

Happy Birthday tomorrow have agreat day will see you next month
Love Joyce en Janxxxxxxxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jul 2014 22:42

Happy birthday Liz.

Huia

Huia Report 24 Jul 2014 22:43

Tomorrow is today here Joyce! The 25th. Happy birthday to Liz and to you too, Joyce.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Jul 2014 03:51

Oh two birthday threads, how nice.

Thanks Joyce, Happy Birthday to you too I hope you have a nice day and yes, see you in August. Thanks for the nice card, wish I could wear shoes that high lol
Hope your cards arrived in time.

Thanks Ann, and Huia, yes the birthday has rolled round again, don't they seem to come quickly year after year, the older you get?

I just opened the cards that had arrived during the week, o.h. and I am meeting my son and his fiancee later today and we will have a meal at the place we went to for son's birthday recently, Drayyard smokehouse, it's fairly new in Norwich and the food was lovely last time, it's not a huge place so the atmosphere is friendly and not rushed. First of all tho o.h. is taking me to get my new bit of technology, probably getting a Galaxy Note or similar.

Lizx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Jul 2014 17:05

Well to follow up - o.h. and I went into the city on the bus and tried to get my pressie, but John Lewis didn't have what we thought was the best buy in stock. I am leaning towards a Galaxy Note but the chap showed us other Galaxy tabs and there is a new one out which is rather swish, fantastic almost 3d pictures and such but an awful lot more money. That wasn't in stock either! Now we have to do our homework again to work out which is the best one for me so probably won't have my new toy for a few days yet. I don't mind waiting.
We met my son and future d.i.l. and they brought me a big bunch of roses and carnations etc and we went to the above restaurant to eat. We have only been there once before but the manager Shaun welcomed us and remembered us and there was a bit of banter, he's a cheeky chappie. The meal was good again and the atmosphere friendly and relaxed, even tho later on they were having to turn people away as it's only a small place with just a certain amount of footfall. After we had finished our main course, a big chocolate cake was brought out with lots of candles burning which the young people had taken in earlier in the day so everyone sang Happy Birthday to me which was a bit embarrassing

Considering they let us use our cake and not have their desserts they are very relaxed about it all and we enjoyed the cake and then left and wandered off, in time for us to get the bus back and my son and f.d.i.l. to walk back to their home. Her little lad was at his dad's so they have the weekend to themselves and I plan to relax and not do much either (might go out tomorrow pm, but o.h. is at work today so I can be lazy lol)

The only downside of this birthday is that I am another year towards 70 which feels very scary!

Lizxx

Huia

Huia Report 26 Jul 2014 21:32

Wait until you are only 18 months off turning 80, Liz! :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Jul 2014 04:23

Oh bless you Huia, you would never think it to see you (and they say the camera never lies)

When I first got together with my o.h. I had just turned 49......

Lizxx

Cooper

Cooper Report 27 Jul 2014 07:15

Just back from holiday Liz,

Belated happy birthday greetings:)

Teresa xxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 28 Jul 2014 06:12

Thanks Teresa, hope you had a good time

Lizxx