General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A woman asked me tonight...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Jul 2014 12:13

Where do you get your hair done?

I told her the name of the salon.

Then she said I had a really nice perm.

I told her it wasn't a perm, the hairdresser cuts & colours, but the curl is natural.

She laughed and said..........that's a perm, nobody has hair that curly!

Errrrrrrrrr........... no, it's mine, not a perm.

She then got nasty, said I was a liar!

Stupid woman. VERY annoying!

If she only knew that I hated my curly hair when I was young. It took me years to stop fighting with it. :-)

Allan

Allan Report 25 Jul 2014 12:26

A bit of a curly one there, Scozz ;-) :-D :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 25 Jul 2014 12:43

That reminds me of the time a woman stopped me in the street and asked how the baby was....."What baby?" says I. She would not be convinced by anything I said and that I had not just had a baby.....She had it on good authority by the local gossips you see.....She also turned very nasty and called me a liar......I wouldn't mind but I was as thin as a rake......Some people eh?

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Jul 2014 12:49

My brother says I stole his hair....... he reckons I went in the hair queue twice.

Every hairdresser I've been to comments on how much hair I have...... very thick hair, loads of it, and I have no idea how many "crowns" I have....... and it's crazy curly. DH calls me Fuzznut.

My poor brother started going bald when he was in his early 20s, he now shaves the little bit he has left (it suits him!).

My DH also has curly hair....... if we had kids, they would curse us! :-(

I would change my name to Cousin It........ but my hair is curlier.

:-)

PS...... to give you an idea of how curly...... when my hair is wet, it's nearly twice as long as when it's dry!

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 25 Jul 2014 12:56

I cried when I had to cut my son's hair. it was so beautifully curly but he was having a hard time of it with name calling so it had to go :-(.....When he was much older he let it grow and I got to see the beautiful curls again. Alas they didn't last long before he got them cut off :-(