General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Apologies and brilliant news....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leslie

Leslie Report 27 Jul 2014 12:31

Good afternoon everyone...Been so busy doing Family Trees I haven't been into genes for a while...Apologies for seemingly neglecting my Genes friends....
Our eldest daughter lost 3 babies all within about 8 weeks of due birth..Next one they decided to take baby out at about 8 weeks early and we had our Karen,,just 1 3/4 lbs born...Had a serious setback at 6 weeks old,,intensive care for a week..Since then more than her fair share of illnesses...Now at 35 she's married,,got 2 lovely children and passed her driving test...She has been quietly working hard on a University course...We heard Saturday morning she has a First class Degree with Honours in science...Are we proud or what??? YES!!!!!!!! Big :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) 's all round.....Love to all LES....

Fly

Fly Report 27 Jul 2014 12:57

Congratulations to your daughter Leslie <3

Edit:Grandaughter :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 27 Jul 2014 12:57

Great news and relief all round Leslie..... <3

Congrats to Dau.... :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 27 Jul 2014 13:10

Welcome Back Les and......Woop, woop! congratulations all round.

:-D <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 27 Jul 2014 13:42

Welcome back Les and congrats all round :-) <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 27 Jul 2014 13:55

WOW is that really you Les?? :-D :-D :-D :-D

Welcome back, its great to see you posting, and many congrats to you
and yours....sending you lots of :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 cos I know you
likes em ;-) :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Jul 2014 14:28

what a lovely posting - nice to see you back :-D <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jul 2014 15:36

Welcome back Les, so good to see you post again. Congratulations to your clever Granddaughter, she is a miracle!! :-) :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 27 Jul 2014 15:53

Nice to see you back Les and with such wonderful news, she's done really well. :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 28 Jul 2014 06:48

Hi Les

Great to see you posting again and with such lovely news too, I know how proud you must be

How is Little A. now? I keep meaning to call you but don't know where the time goes, doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you both tho.

Joy is very low again, I spoke with her at the weekend but she is struggling with depression, and might give in to taking medication for it, she's been fighting the thought but needs must.

Not sure if I will be visiting this autumn but if I do, you are first on my visiting list

take care and congratulations to your Karen,

love

'Cousin' Lizxx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 28 Jul 2014 23:15

Dear Leslie

Hello

Many congratulations to all.

A very warm welcome to the little ones.

Take gentle care
With many good wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 29 Jul 2014 07:59

HI WELCOME BACK,,,, <3

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 29 Jul 2014 10:15

Brilliant news Les, I am so happy for you <3

Welcome back :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 29 Jul 2014 10:18

Welcome back Les :-D :-D :-D

Wonderful news! :-D :-D :-D

Leslie

Leslie Report 29 Jul 2014 11:29

You don't have to go very far in life to come across some really lovely people...I only travel a few yards upstairs and there you all are.....If only the rest of the world could be like you what a beautiful place it would be......Many thanks to all for your kind thoughts.....
Purple darling,,Little Aud is a lot better..Vision still only 65% direct with all outside that blurred like an old fashioned photograph...Stable on the Warfarin and back to near normal....
Mersey,,what a greeting....Your the best tonic I know....3 doses a day and your on top of the world....
To all I say <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 and BIG BIG :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)....XXXX LES.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 29 Jul 2014 11:53

Welcome back and such wonderful news :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Jul 2014 05:14

Les, I am glad Little Aud is getting on better but a shame her eyesight is still a problem. I was tested recently for glaucoma and waiting to see the consultant at the beginning of September to find out what treatment he suggests (says the letter) Joy has it too so must be in our genes.

I am off to Derbyshire on Saturday for 8 days, but will give you a ring when I get back

love to you both

Lizxxxx