General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nearly jinxed again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Aug 2014 06:03

On Saturday o.h. and I should be travelling to Derbyshire (Tideswell) for 8 days in a cottage, a nice break from routine for us and this time plenty of pubs that do meals within walking distance as I don't intend to cook! We will be meeting with Dutch and Jan and others on our last day, Sunday 10th. O.h. could only get this week off as all the rest of August had already been taken by colleagues.

For the last couple of weeks my left leg and foot have been swelling up only going down when I sleep. I had mentioned it to my doctor last time I saw him but it wasn't so bad then. I started to worry that maybe I was ignoring something serious so went to see him on Weds pm and he said he wanted me to have a scan at the hospital. He rang me Thurs am to tell me where to go and o.h.took me there (it's 8 miles away) They were very efficient, took blood tests first and I had to wait an hour for results, then was told my clotting factor was so low it was most unlikely I had a dvt so no need for a scan. Doc told me he didn't think it was dvt but he wanted to be sure, he thinks it's a side effect of the blood pressure tablets I am on, but I don't understand why after several years of taking them, they suddenly cause a side effect like this. Obviously with the hot weather my leg has been worse but am hoping it will be ok and when I get back from my break, the doc will sort out some other meds to try. As he said, it's a shame as the meds I am taking are keeping my blood pressure to a very good level.

I started to think, Oh here we go again, another holiday mucked up but all being well, we will be on our way on Saturday and have a good week.

I haven't got my birthday pressie yet of the new tablet so unless we go somewhere there is wifi and can use o.h.'s work ipad, which we will have with us, I won't be able to make contact or see what everyone's up to.

Take care everyone

Lizxx

Linda

Linda Report 1 Aug 2014 12:04

Have a good holiday Liz and I hope they get your leg sorted out.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Aug 2014 12:23

Liz, enjoy your holiday.

Keep your legs elevated whenever possible!

I have the same problem. Meds from the chemist helped a bit, but herbal ones from the naturopath helped much more.

I must rattle......... chemist ones were 1 every morning, naturopath ones are 15 every morning! That's on top of the cocktail of other things I have to take.

:-(

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 1 Aug 2014 13:00

You can get portable wifi - I have one called "Mobile Wifi O2 Pocket Hotspot MF60" - it is pay as you go, and you have to register it. I got mine as part of a package with my tablet, from Argos - haven't opened it or registered it yet but I was thinking of just such a thing as going on holiday

dutch

dutch Report 1 Aug 2014 13:42

Liz hope you feel better its not nice being in pain ,had docter out this dinner time as im in sure mutch pain but he said there is nothing he can do ,and ask were my tablets for the pain he looked at all my medication and there was none there,so they have order them as all this pain i have eve in my arms wont go because of the stroke i had,Jan was saying we my not go to the meet but i told him no way im going to meet my friends and family ,im in wheel chair anyway but its Jan having to do everything which i dont like is he is not will,my family want be back home i told them sure i love my hubby i just wish i got have got more friends at the meet on the 17 ,but others have familys and things to do but Liz hope tp see you on the 10
Dutchxx <3

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 1 Aug 2014 14:32

Have a a good time Dutch

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 1 Aug 2014 15:29

Hope everything goes OK and you have a lovely holiday :-D

dutch

dutch Report 1 Aug 2014 19:49

Paula thank you do you leave by Rotheram

dutch

dutch Report 1 Aug 2014 19:51

Liz hope you don't mind me putting on your thread did ring but you must have been out xxxxx

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 1 Aug 2014 20:35

No Joyce I live in Birmingham. I hope you all,have a wonderful,time xxx <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 1 Aug 2014 21:05

Hi Liz, pleased to hear that you are able to travel up here to Derbyshire tomorrow.

Hope that you and K have a lovely holiday and that the weather will be good to you.

Looking forward to seeing you both on the 10 th.

Love, Sallie. xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Aug 2014 05:01

Thanks all, I am looking forward to the holiday, but still have lots to do so we might not travel till Sunday morning. The cottage is all ready and we have a key code to get in so not a problem and will mean we are less stressed. O.h. wants to cut the lawn and so some other things too.

My leg is still swelling but not painful so I can get by.

Joyce, I am sorry I missed your call, was hanging out washing. Hope you soon get your painkillers, your doctors do seem a bit dozy about handing out medication, first you have too much now you don't have enough!

See you and Sallie and anyone else who is coming on the 10th

Lizxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Aug 2014 05:09

Elizabeth2469049 which tablet did you get from Argos, I want a 10 inch one but haven't decided finally which to go for.

I think I would take up that pay as you go offer if it was available, the cottage doesn't have wifi which is unusual as most places do now.

Lizx

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 2 Aug 2014 10:26

I bought the Google Nexus 7 2013, appears as Asus in some lists who are the manufacturers. It was among the best buys in an earlier Which, and has been in Computeractive magazine's regular lists as a best buy budget tablet for some time. It is a 7"of course, I didn't research the larger ones. Very pleased with it so far - my daughter emailed me to say "now you need never get out of bed!", could be true! I'll have a look at the Argos catalogue and see if the mobile wifi is still on the special offer and get back to you.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 2 Aug 2014 10:45

They have a different one in a package, the Vodaphone R206 pay as you go MiFi white - good user reviews allowing for the fact that the battery is really for short term use. On its own £29ish, £4 less in package deal with tablet is £184.98.

Enjoy your break!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 Aug 2014 04:35

Thanks Elizabeth, will make a note of that.

We are off today as o.h. wanted to do stuff in the garden and I wasn't feeling great so we got more done here before we toodle off to Derbyshire later today.

Lizx