General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Happy Birthday James

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 7 Aug 2014 21:33

Hi All that time of year again where I make an appearance for a few weeks, then bugger off again and just look in now and again.

My little Brother will be 31 on August 24th and I haven't seen or heard of him for over 25 years.

Yes I've done electoral searches and such but drawn a blank and am not sure what I would do if I ever had a direct hit as we may be poles apart in our lives due to the age differences and our life experiences and I am not sure I want contact with the rest of his family, which has always made my search harder.

No new Hot Matches and no threads containing any of our names. But maybe if he sees this, or someone that knows him does, he doesn't have to make contact - just let him know I have never stopped thinking of him.

Not a month goes by when I don't wonder about him and never a day in August any year.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 7 Aug 2014 21:53

.. <3

let's hope that this is the year you will be reunited

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Aug 2014 21:56

))))Hugs(((( to you.

<3 <3 <3

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 7 Aug 2014 22:06

Thank you both, so what's the Goss?

Where's the Drama Queen/ empress? How's my old friends in Glouc and Kent, does the squirrel still run a sat morning café, are sparkly people still sparkley, I think Teresa and Muffy spent less time on here- did they come back, does Tina still have her harp??? - so many questions and names I have missed out.
;-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Aug 2014 22:26

Hello there......Good to see you.

Let's hope that some day you will be reunited with James and he will know how much you have cared and missed him over the years.

Gwyn

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 7 Aug 2014 22:28

Hi Gwyn, good to see you too. I am only sorry I don't have the time these days that I used to, to spend more time here.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 7 Aug 2014 22:28

Alas they have all gone Maddie :-(

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 7 Aug 2014 22:36

Dear Maddie

Hello

Here's hoping you and your brother will find each other.

Take very good and gentle care of yourself, Maddie

With best wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 24 Aug 2014 00:25

Happy Birthday James, as with every year I am thinking of you x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Aug 2014 10:07

Hi Maddie, good to see you on here for a while. Hayley has been on recently mainly with information on BC's funeral. You saw that she sadly died? TW and Muffy are fine. they are on F Book. As is Harpy (Tina) who was sadly widowed a year or so ago.

No Squirrels on here. But there are still a few of the 'oldies'. :-D :-D

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 24 Aug 2014 22:52

Hi Ann, I am sorry to hear about BC, a great loss to a lot of folk I am sure, she did make me laugh, I am sure she still will be, just on a different plain. Send Hayley my best and to TW and Muffy and I am really sorry to hear about Tina, please send her my regards - she used to work quite local to me but I haven't seen her in town for a few years so assume she doesn't anymore. I am about to tick off another year with no news on my brother, C'est la vie..... lets hope he had a good day with people he loves.

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 24 Aug 2014 23:08

I too remember you,and do hope that sometime soon you will get news of your brother.

Brenda x <3 <3

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 24 Aug 2014 23:33

just to say i have just found my half brother and we have met he is 63 years old so dont ever give up

hope some day it turns out good for you
take care

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 24 Aug 2014 23:58

Hi Brenda and Thanks Littlelegs, that is encouraging news.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Aug 2014 00:15

Hope you find your brother soon. <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Aug 2014 22:56

Passed the message on to TW, Hayley and Tina, all were pleased to hear from you. Tina was going to try and send you a message I think. :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Aug 2014 07:19

Hope you hear news of your brother soon, Maddie, it must be hard to know he is out there somewhere and you can't track him down.

Take care

Lizxx