General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone living in or near Taunton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phyll

Phyll Report 10 Aug 2014 09:43

Could you please tell me what the weather is like in Taunton. My grandchildren are playing in a cricket festival there and I''m a bit worried.
Thanks you.
Phyll

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Aug 2014 09:44

Not sure about Taunton but in Bristol and Gloucester it is wet and windy.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 Aug 2014 09:51

Not sure if this link will work

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2636177

If not, go to BBC Weather and put Taunton in the "Find A Forecast" box.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 10 Aug 2014 09:53

Have a look here as well:-

http://uk.weather.com/weather/todayTaunton+SOM+United+Kingdom+UKXX0309:1:UK

Graham

Graham Report 10 Aug 2014 10:15

Cloudy and breezy. I'm a few miles away on the Somerset Levels ;-) It looks like we might get one or two short showers in a bit.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Aug 2014 10:28

http://www.raintoday.co.uk

Rose

Phyll

Phyll Report 10 Aug 2014 10:40

Many thanks to all of you for the information. Hope it keeps dry for you.

Graham

Graham Report 10 Aug 2014 15:39

Well; the weather didn't turn out too bad. ;-) I hope your grandchildren enjoyed themselves :-)

Phyll

Phyll Report 10 Aug 2014 16:53

Thanks Graham
Haven't heard from the chidren so I assume all was OK. It is a 3 day festival so let's hope tomorrow is OK too.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Aug 2014 21:12

The Boomtown Festival-goers just outside Winchester got very wet last night and today, and it's been blowing a hooley, even when it hasn't been raining. I've been on the look-out for flying tents!

Unfortunately, a woman found unconscious in the toilets yesterday, died.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Aug 2014 09:13

Our youngest is with a group of friends at Boomtown - I did think about reminding her about taking her wellies. They're using a large family size marquee type tent this year. There'll be recriminations if that blew over!

They've been to other festivals when its been dreadful weather, but it never seems to put them off. At least I don't have to deal with soggy, muddy clothing any more. She's big enough and ugly enough to do that herself ;-) (joke!)