General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 11 Aug 2014 18:56

I guess there are people on this sight that have been adopted , have you had any luck tracing your biological family if so have you been accepted . Im adopted and looking at my adoption files it was a very sad situation any advice out there would be very welcome.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Aug 2014 19:42

Hi Nicola,

Read the file many times at different times,,sit with the information a while before you decide to act on its contents,,,,,,dont rush into things before you are aware of the persons present situation,which may involve a 3rd party.

Yes, acceptance can be gained if handled in the right way,a longer term relationship has to be built on by accepting each person as they are ,dont lay blame at their door and no pre-concived ideas of what you wish them to be.

Dont go it alone.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 11 Aug 2014 19:47

Theres two sides to every story

Good Luck

Nicola

Nicola Report 12 Aug 2014 11:32

I have no grudges with any way we all make mistakes and as we get older hopefully learn from them. over the years I understand that forgiveness is needed it enables you to move foreward. Things are done at the time for a reason I had good adoptive parents and was very lucky reading the sad situation my birth parents were in at the time was awfull. Id also like to add that my biological Mother passed over when I was 13 and my Biological Father when I was 12 so it was the best decision they could of made getting me adopted.