General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh Dear

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 24 Aug 2014 13:06

I have today started to buy some Christmas presents online.

I do like to buy unusual gifts for my MIL and neices and nephews, so I often buy from

I Want One of Those or Not On The High Street

both of which are great for that unusual, but great gift.

If like me you get fed up with buying the same old, same old year after year do give these online shops a try.

My favourite is Not On The High Street.

:-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Aug 2014 13:35

*Faints*

Fly

Fly Report 24 Aug 2014 13:42

Flipping eck :-0

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Aug 2014 14:03

Yikes

I only buy Christmas gifts for one person...... my DH!

OK, I confess, I buy a couple for me too... that way I get something I want.

I have problems finding something "different" for DH....... wondering if those businesses are in Oz :-S :-S

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Aug 2014 14:13

I have used Not On The High Street since 2010 and I love the site too.

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 24 Aug 2014 14:18

thank you will have alook :-D :-D

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 24 Aug 2014 14:38

Lady Scozz

I think both do overseas selling.

And on NotOnTheHighStreet you can see where some of the items come from, some are sold to us from oversea....

Well worth a look.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Aug 2014 15:20

I'm reporting this offensive thread ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Aug 2014 15:23

lol @ AnnCardiff

I'll have to get over Samhain before I even think about Yule :-D

Linda

Linda Report 24 Aug 2014 17:36

I have already bought a few Christmas presents,but I am much later starting this year, last year I had almost finished. I have bought my SIL 60th birthday present a few weeks ago and her birthday is not till october :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Aug 2014 23:34

No, no, no, no!!!!!
It's got to be cold and dreary for me to start buying Christmas presents!!!

Libby

Libby Report 25 Aug 2014 00:44

OMG. For goodness sake.

Christmas in August !!!

If ever there is a good argument for hanging then this is it :-0 :-0 :-( :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Aug 2014 02:40

The website "Not on the High Street" knows where I am....... got a message saying the prices are in Australian dollars.

Some nice stuff .......... but.......over $200 for a cushion???!!!

:-0

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 25 Aug 2014 13:56

Not all their stuff is that expensive. Just bought a lovely pair of silver earrings for my neice £12.00.

I buy my Christmas cards in the January sales.

And when I am out and about, should I see something that would make a great Birthday/Christmas gift for someone I will buy it.

Then by the time Christmas comes around I am not rushing around trying to get presents at the last minute.

In fact all we have to buy in Christmas week is the food, meat will be in the freezer having been bought from the farm shop.

I did once leave it all to December, never again!!! I am not terribly organised (siiting here surrounded by paper etc.,) but decided long ago that Christmas was one thing I could destress by planning ahead.

My SIL when she takes all her Christmas cards down. Then sits with the box of new cards and writes out next years ones. Pops on her stamps, puts the cards back in the box ready to be posted, now that is organisation! ;-)

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 25 Aug 2014 15:41

Owww! Roll on the day after Boxing Day ;-)

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 25 Aug 2014 17:30

I buy my cards in January sales from our Charity and pit aside.

That is as far as I can go - each year I send out less cards than the previous year.
Sad but that is life.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 25 Aug 2014 18:02

Today for the very first time in my life, I brought sixty Christmas cards reduced in M&S.

I have put them in the cupboard under the stairs. Will someone remind me where they are near to Christmas?
:-0 :-0 :-D