General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lego

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 26 Aug 2014 11:46

Our grandsons love Lego this morning three and half year old N put a tiny piece up his nose, they are sitting in A&E at the moment.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 26 Aug 2014 11:57

Been there, done that, got the T shirt lol

When my daughter was about that age she managed to swallow a large butterfly key from the back of an old fashioned alarm clock. Goodness knows how she even got it in her mouth, let alone swallowed it, but the X-Rays showed it sitting neatly in her little tummy. The hospital response was "If it went in one end, it will come out the other; just keep an eye on her till you see it." After a month of making her use a potty and examining the contents :-0 we gave up. As far as I know at 49 she is still wandering around with a key in her insides :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 26 Aug 2014 12:11

SuffolkVera - is she easily wound up :-D

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 26 Aug 2014 12:16

She ticks over nicely :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 26 Aug 2014 12:54

Lol Vera.

Poor little chap has now been transferred to the ear nose and throat hospital in Birmingham, he is certainly going to have a tale to tell.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 26 Aug 2014 13:12

Oh dear, poor little fella. Not much fun for him but the doctors have lots of experience in dealing with these things and I am sure he will be fine.

It's horrible when you see the little ones in trouble but he'll probably take in in his stride. It'll be his mum that collapses in a heap when it is all over.

Let us know how he gets on

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 26 Aug 2014 13:27

It's is Daddy and Grandad with him, yes you are right he will have so many stories to tell..

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 26 Aug 2014 13:29

PollyinBrum - the doctors at the ENT are used to dealing with this sort of thing, the little lad will be fine, don't know about his elders though :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 26 Aug 2014 15:02

He has returned unscathed, full of praise for the lady doctor who removed the Lego gave him a sticker and told him he was the bravest boy EVER.

Not sure if it's related but he has not stopped eating since he got back.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 26 Aug 2014 15:12

Glad he's OK but everyone must keep an eye on him or he'll be doing it again just to get another sticker :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 26 Aug 2014 16:05

He is lovely he told me the doctors told him not to do it again. I have just told OH and his son about your daughters escapade and N was listening, fortunately we don't have a wind up clock.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 26 Aug 2014 16:10

We were sitting in A&E one day and a lad came in with his mum, as he was sent through to the doctor we heard the nurse say to another "can you believe it? 16 and he has got a pea in his ear! :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Aug 2014 07:25

Glad the lego came out of N's nose ok and he is none the worse for the escapade.

When my brother was about 8 or 9 he managed to swallow a small stub of a pencil at school. Another child was sent home as he lived very close to school to get two slices of white bread and brother was given a cotton wool sandwich to eat! A note was given me to take home to Mum with brother, at lunchtime (we always went home for lunch even thos a twenty min. walk) Mum had to watch out for the pencil to emerge, I suppose it must have done, maybe cotton wool wrapped lol I really can't remember now!

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Aug 2014 09:18

When my brother was about two, he found my "pop-beads" and pulled them apart........ then stuck most of them up his nose, both nostrils!

What is it with kids & sticking things up their noses?

:-(

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 27 Aug 2014 11:51

I suppose its all part of the things children get up to as they are experimenting and developing their characters. It was a bit scary yesterday, particularly him having to go the the ear nose and throat hospital, but all is well now.

The boys stayed over last night whilst I was bathing them N started to tell me about the peice of Lego. I just said Its best not to put anything up your nose, in your ears or in your mouth. With all the wisdom of a six year old J said, "its okay to put food in your mouth" I just love the boys so much, they are like a ray of sunshine in our lives. <3 <3 <3 <3