General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Don't make this mistake.............. 2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 26 Aug 2014 19:14

For the RRer's info..............

I have not received an email from Admin.

:-P.... :-P..... :-P

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Aug 2014 19:18

Mr Magoo, I don't think many people are receiving an email from Admin these days.

I don't think it is to be taken as a sign of their tacit approval ( edit: or disapproval come to that) ...just that they have other things to do :-)

No offence meant, because I don't know what you were reported for anyway. :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Aug 2014 05:50

I wonder if the RR'r gets an email

:-P

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Aug 2014 13:38

the threads have gone........without so much of a "by your Leave!"

Merlin

Merlin Report 27 Aug 2014 14:27

Lady Scozz, :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D They would,n Dare send them one :-D :-D :-D :-D It might get RRd. ;-)

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 27 Aug 2014 14:39

Mr M matey .... sending you a video .
If it offends you please let me know and I will commit seppuku to make amends to you. :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 27 Aug 2014 18:41

Thanks Budgie. :-D

Seen it on FB.

Not offended, just concerned where a toddler learns those words... :-S

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 27 Aug 2014 19:01

Its quite common place around here and further afield as well on other estates and not just round Nottingham either.
Most times when I`ve witnessed such goings on it is from young mothers who are still in or just out of their teens and haven't a clue and they don't care where they are when they let loose at their toddlers for being naughty. The foulmouthed language is fast become the norm nowadays I`m afraid. :-(

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 27 Aug 2014 21:42

BR not in our house or anywhere near our grandkids it isn't!

I could cheerfully throttle young parents who swear in front of their children, what a lovely example they set!

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 27 Aug 2014 22:48

You`re very lucky Sue, :-)
At the bottom of my garden and beyond the fence lies a large park, 7 football pitches and a basketball arena plus a children's playground .
You ought to go on there when its being used extensively, especially on Saturday/Sundays the busiest of days and just listen to some of the parent spectators at their little sons footie matches, let alone the adults teams that use the adjacent pitches.
I wont go into what other spectacles of sexual behaviour I have witnessed from our back kitchen window on warm dry sunny days and not all were adults either.
Only last week a small wooded area in our corner of the park was completely taped off and a strong police presence was observed being there most of the day.
We did hear it was for an attempted rape that had occurred there.

Oh how the other half live hey Sue. :-D :-D :-D

I have piccie of the taped off little wood if you wish to see it. It might give you an idea of the view of the part of the park I look out upon on a daily basis. ( well when I`m washing the pots or cooking meals in the kitchen anyways). :-D :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 28 Aug 2014 00:30

That's the benefit of the family living where they do and yes they are lucky to be able to afford it.

That's not to say that all children don't test boundaries, ask my eldest who used a mild swearword at dinner when she was 6, after sampling a rather tasty mouthful of soap she learned what was acceptable for her age PDQ..lolol

We never swore in front of our children and daughter and hubby never swear in front of theirs. Television is monitored heavily and we can only hope that they can construct a sentence without any expletives (at least till they are 18).

Old fashioned? Yep we are and proud of it. Would I tell a foul mouthed brat to moderate their language? yes I would!

My son (aged 35) even apologises if he slips up and swears within my hearing..lolol