General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I thought our diet was healthy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Aug 2014 05:35

until I saw this article :-(

We don't eat microwave popcorn, or sugary breakfast cereals.... but have some of the foods listed.... especially canned tomatoes!

http://www.healthydietbase.com/6-carcinogenic-foods-that-you-eat-every-day/?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=dailymail-au&utm_campaign=AU-carcinogenic-foods

Scary!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Aug 2014 07:44

You wouldn't eat anything at all with all this scaremongering .

We don't use tinned , always have fresh veg ,wash all the fruit before eating it, not too much dairy and use skimmed milk . Don't have red meat more than once a week etc etc

Hubby though has health problems now and I have some too but then we are getting on a bit

As my mum used to say its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in !!!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Aug 2014 08:03

If we stopped eating everything they say is bad for us, we'd starve.

All the fruit & veg we eat is fresh, except for tinned tomatoes (for cooking) corn & peas (who has time to shell peas?)... I use frozen or dried peas. don't like the tinned ones, they're too mushy. We have fish at least once a week, but not too much of the big fish (because of mercury), chicken & lean red meat the rest of the time. I don't like many "processed" meats, I call it "mystery meat", but DH loves the stuff :-( I couldn't give up bacon, even though we only have that every couple of weeks.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 28 Aug 2014 11:56

They change the list of good and bad every week!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Aug 2014 12:02

healthy foods!

check out --Sulpher Dioxide indredient included in many packed health foods and non-health foods lables.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Aug 2014 13:17

There's a big "health food" store near us, very popular.

I looked in there when we moved to this area (over 7 years ago).

Big baskets of produce, and big baskets of rice, dried fruit etc...... and the customers were picking everything up with their hands..... including the dried fruit!

No thanks.