General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how do i start a new family tree/ adoptive family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 1 Sep 2014 15:23

how do I start a family tree, the family my mother was adopted into.i cant put it on my tree, as the dated do not correspond

margaret

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Sep 2014 16:04

You can open a free account and make a seperate tree on there.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Sep 2014 11:32

You may need a new email address to open another account. It used to be that you could register with the same details in one of the other domains, but GR seem to have restricted that now.

Alternatively, you could marry off your mother's birth mother to her adoptive father, then add her birth father (or unknown father if that is the case). Then create a child (your mum) under her birth name.

Adoptive father = birth mother = (unknown?) birth father ======= child in birth name.

Added - see correction on my post 2 Sep 2014 12:20 as below

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Sep 2014 12:02

On the other hand if it's not important that make the tree here, you could do so on another site, eg Tribal Pages free, and just keep GR for birth family.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Sep 2014 12:20

Oops! Got that the wrond way round! You've already researched the birth family, but want to include the adoptive family.

Same principle - add the adoptive father as a partner to the birth mother, then add his wife and your mother as their child under her adoptive name

OR as Rose says - find another free site ;-)

Margaret - you accidentally double posted
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1344266

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Sep 2014 14:48

thought my message had not gone throughand tried again.. thanks for help will try all

margaret