General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Getting the (no texting / driving) message across!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry_

Barry_ Report 3 Sep 2014 03:41

As received. I thought you might see how easily accidents occur.

This video truly hits home - and it only takes a second!
This video - it is one and a half minutes.in length - really makes you think!

A Hong Kong theatre asks its patrons to leave their cell phones ON when they enter the cinema.
Using this scenario, Volkswagen made an eye opening ad ....
... it shows how easily we become distracted ...
... very possibly with disastrous results!

I will not say 'enjoy' because this is not the case.
I will say - ask you, rather - were YOU taken off guard?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JHixeIr_6BM?el=0&autoplay=1&iv_load_policy=3

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 3 Sep 2014 03:46

Yep Barry watched that, Not a surprise, I just need to click on my Navigator to take my eyes off the road, but I wait til im on a straight road with no traffic.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 3 Sep 2014 05:41

We see the idiots all the time.

If the 'phone rings when we're in the car I might answer it (DH driving) and am always shocked when the caller says hi to me and then asks to speak to DH! I tell them he's driving, and they usually say they won't talk for long. No way in the world am I passing the 'phone over.

:-|

A few months ago, DH thought a police officer at the side of the road had taken a photograph of him....... so he went back and asked.

Yes, because you were talking on your 'phone.

I don't have a 'phone with me

Yes you do.

Please look in the car.

The officer searched the car, and got a bit snarly when he couldn't find a 'phone!

DH must have been scratching his ear.