General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WOMAN IN NORTH LONDON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 4 Sep 2014 18:15

Woman in Edmonton has been beheaded in a garden a man has been arrested and is in hospital police do not yet no of any motive. When is sort of thing going to stop?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Sep 2014 18:18

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29068391

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 4 Sep 2014 20:23

Sorry Linda, I RR'd the OP because of the sensitive subject and for personal reasons.

If GR reinstate I'll understand.

Sue

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 4 Sep 2014 21:00

I think its very sad :-( :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Sep 2014 21:02

barbaric

Linda

Linda Report 4 Sep 2014 21:14

That's fine sue all I was trying to say how sad it was and I hope we don't see to many of these killings. I did not want to offend anyone though

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Sep 2014 21:59

I had kind of assumed it would be an honour killing but it was an old lady.

Both equally horrible.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 4 Sep 2014 22:06

Thanks Linda, it was the way she was murdered being posted that upset me.

x

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 4 Sep 2014 22:25

How awful for the poor woman my she rest in peace.

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 5 Sep 2014 01:26

Would have liked to decide for myself !
Please PM me. (I'm old enough)

jax

jax Report 5 Sep 2014 02:58

You can read it if you click on Glitterbabys link

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 5 Sep 2014 08:57

what the hell is the world coming to

its so sad that you are not even safe in your own home

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 5 Sep 2014 09:44

Yet another horrific incident and although the police are not saying anything about the individual who carried out this atrocity or the motive behind it, I think, that with images of people executed in this manner being posted on the internet alongside the negative rhetoric on television and in the newspapers about extremists, I fear we will see more incidents like this

although there has been no suggestion that the brutal killing of this 82-year-old woman is connected to extremists, my fear stems from the fact that there are many individuals with psychiatric problems (thanks to care in the community) walking our streets and many of these people are susceptible to what they see and read and their behaviour can be influenced by it :-(

R.I.P. Palmira Silva <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Sep 2014 06:54

I agree, OFITG

I feel so sorry for those who knew and loved this lady, what a dreadful way to end her life, she apparently still worked and should have been able to live out her years in safety.

May she rest in peace.

Lizx

Dermot

Dermot Report 6 Sep 2014 08:00

There is no surer sign of the failure of any government & state services than when people are afraid in their own homes & gardens.

Palmira Silva - R.I.P.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Sep 2014 08:56

In another attack, a knife wielder was shot dead by police,

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Sep 2014 10:17

sounds very much like a case of severe mental illness on the perpertrator's part - if it turns out to be the case, then closing of mental health units and lack of care in the community comes into play

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Sep 2014 11:35

This isn't a one-off event, they're just not reported. The following facts are pretty shocking:

http://kareningalasmith.com/2014/09/04/beheaded/

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Sep 2014 15:23

whats this world coming to :-( :-(

Linda

Linda Report 6 Sep 2014 18:38

It seems to me that after reading that still women do not count for very much, why o why does the government give the police and the courts more powers.