General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOTEL INDIA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 Sep 2014 20:11

HOTEL INDIA
ON BBC 2 NOW
WHAT A HOTEL,WHAT A PLACE TO GET MARRIED
AVERAGE WEDDING £35,000

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 Sep 2014 20:41

BORING

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 10 Sep 2014 21:30

Dizzi How I'd love to holiday there - it's luxurious . Really enjoying the programme :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 10 Sep 2014 22:25

I "stayed" there once, for a whole 8 hours. I was flying home, courtesy of the RAF, from Singapore and we got held up in Bombay (Mumbai) for 3 days.

We were put up in any hotel with space at about 2am and moved to somewhere cheaper as soon as it could be arranged the next morning! :-( :-(

I had a 6 month old baby with me, who had been awake for about 24 hours and I was exhausted. All I remember was the black marble bathroom, which gave me the creeps!!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Sep 2014 23:01

Watched last weeks'; this weeks' has been recorded. Quite fascinating seeing how the other half live.

Even though Indian wages are low from our point of view, the number of staff per guest must have some bearing on the cost to the client.

Andysmum - pity you didn't have the chance to explore the hotel. :-)

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 12 Sep 2014 16:44

DetEcTive, at the time I don't think I would have had the courage to go wandering around!! It was a bit like being put in a suite at Buckingham Palace for the night!

Also we had no luggage (it stayed on the plane) so we all looked a bit the worse for wear!