General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

118 118

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Sep 2014 20:03

What a rip off that service is.

Just got my phone bill and I have been charged £7.02 for a call that lasted just 1 minute and 5 seconds to that number.

Would not have minded so much if the person had spoken English and had given me the correct number

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Sep 2014 20:05

I stopped using 118118 ages ago, because of the connection charge... prefer to use the online bt phone book service

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Sep 2014 20:10

I did not ask to be connected and just took the number.

Mum wanted to phone a hospital and I was not using the computer at the time

Will not be using them again at that cost

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Sep 2014 23:00

My story.........

I was in a churchyard, and the access was through a farmers field and on the way out, I got bogged down in some soft stuff,

having a friend that lived nearby, that had a 4x4, I used 118 to get his number, and agreed the connection.....however it was diverted to his mobile, and guess what.........he was on holiday.........in America.......

so that was that!!
eventually I got myself out..........of the mire, so to speak.......

but the cost of the connection was over the top , I thought......

Bob